Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Now there’s a healthy addiction.  Get stuck into that one, Sandro.  

He could start an onlyfans account if he becomes unavailable for a while, especially if he can't even train. Gotta do something with all that leisure time. Could make a lot of money from that aswell, better than losing money on gambling and getting suspended.

Edited by Erikse

56 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Possibly not if the ban is anything like Toney's

Toneys training ban was kind of mild.. It was 4 months, but starting from mid may. Lost like 1 or 2 weeks before the summer break. He was already back in training mid september, 1 month into the new season. Kind of unfair if Tonali gets a 50% training ban aswell, considering it will be 6 months inside the season instead of just 1,5 months.

Edited by Erikse

45 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Impeccable source.

Midfielder gets ban, club want to sign new midfielder to replace banned midfielder, source must be legit, I'd never have come up with that one.

Edited by pubteam

4 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Pack him off on loan to one of our Saudi club friends.

We can't have this circling around us when things are going so well for us. It's just not what we need right now. The timing is terrible. 

Not sure what use that would be, given it’s a worldwide ban.  It would raise suspicions you’d think. 

23 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why ? It’s done nothing of the sort to West Ham or Brentford why would we be any different?

We are already treading a fine line with FFP, we've not the deepest squad.  He was our star signing in the summer, and he's going to be missing for potentially a year.  Throw in his wages - if they pay them - that is quite a lot of cash on a player we don't have.  It's going to impact our ability to challenge on all front which in turn could impact our league form and our ability to get a CL spot. We'll probably have to go in the market to find a replacement in Jan which will take money away from strengthening another area.  Then thrown in the impact this could have on the squad, it's not good.

Edited by duo

21 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not sure what use that would be, given it’s a worldwide ban.  It would raise suspicions you’d think. 

I have no idea how this works but how could Italian FA giva a worldwide ban?

What FIFA/UEFA/FA bylaws, specifically, would Milan have broken regarding not informing a buying club that the player may be an illegal gambler? Are people being serious about the refund/no-payment stuff or is it a bit? I'm pretty old and dumb so I can't tell. If serious, I don't see us having a snowball's chance in hell.

Edited by thomas

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Wonder how the payments were spread out over this deal to maximise FFP, hopefully we can withhold payments until these Milanese fraudsters are exposed.

Spreading payments has nothing to do with FFP

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I can get on board with NO's new blase attitude to setbacks. 

Tonali is mint and all, but even a 12 month ban I'm not really that bothered about. We've got Joelinton, Willock, Anderson and then Miley and Hall who can all fill in there, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get someone like Philips on loan if we're still in the CL in January. 

Club is run so good now that even a huge set back like this barely feels like it matters.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Tonali is mint and all, but even a 12 month ban I'm not really that bothered about. We've got Joelinton, Willock, Anderson and then Miley and Hall who can all fill in there, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get someone like Philips on loan if we're still in the CL in January. 

Club is run so good now that even a huge set back like this barely feels like it matters.

(Knocks furiously on wood) don't tempt fate man :lol:

9 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Still a big loss, I know he's come and played more as a no.8 but he's still one of the only players who could possibly play that no.6 role.

Willock, Joelinton and Anderson can't. Miley could but he's still young and I have no idea about Hall as a midfielder leaving only Longstaff.

Will be very interesting to see what Howe is allowed say about it on Friday.

It’s highly unlikely he’ll be involved at the weekend in any case but it will be reassuring if we hear him say “Sandro has our full support”