Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

15 minutes ago, Ben said:

100% agree, you can't be sponsored by something then ban your players for using the product because its immoral.

But they're not banning him for immorality, they're banning him opening the door to massive corruption that could destroy the sport.

Insider trading isn't banned because helping friends is immoral, it's because it distorts the market and fucks everyone else who isn't a friend.

Judging by the snippets we're hearing, how long would it have been before this Fagioli kid started throwing matches to cover his debts, taking Italian football down the toilet? That's why gambling on your own sport is banned. If this was just about blackjack, I'd be fully behind Tonali.

49 minutes ago, 80 said:

But they're not banning him for immorality, they're banning him opening the door to massive corruption that could destroy the sport.

Insider trading isn't banned because helping friends is immoral, it's because it distorts the market and fucks everyone else who isn't a friend.

Judging by the snippets we're hearing, how long would it have been before this Fagioli kid started throwing matches to cover his debts, taking Italian football down the toilet? That's why gambling on your own sport is banned. If this was just about blackjack, I'd be fully behind Tonali.

Fair point, but football authorities need to take some responsibility with the gambling companies.

Personally I don't have a problem with them as I'm a gambler myself, but the double standards where money is involved is not a good look for authorities.

I keep thinkin he knew it would come out eventually and didnt want his boyhood club to suffer so he agreed to be sold. I also keep thinkin Milan knew and they both planned it. I mean how did we know he was available unless word got out from Milan through an agent or some sort of middle man contact. Deal was done pretty quickly, no haggling and a fee we all thought was relatively low. Prob all bullshit but just keeps eating away at me. 

Edited by WinstonFC

9 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

I keep thinkin he knew it would come out eventually and didnt want his boyhood club to suffer so he agreed to be sold. I also keep thinkin Milan knew and they both planned it. I mean how did we know he was available unless word got out from Milan through an agent or some sort of middle man contact. Deal was done pretty quickly, no haggling and a fee we all thought was relatively low. Prob all bullshit but just keeps eating away at me. 

I feel exactly the same, finding it hard to get past those points. Really feel like Sandro has deceived the club, more than Milan or his agent, which is fucking annoying because I was certain he was going to be a monster of a player for us, now I'm not so sure.

12 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

These footballers need to get some more hobbies to stop being bored once they’re done with training. Take up skydiving or something to get a thrill. 

People will always find a way to belittle or begrudge them whatever they do, out of jealousy perhaps. Look at all the players who play video games, they get laughed at for it but that's a much better hobby than gambling or partying.

Really feel that in this situation tonali couldn't have a better boss than Eddie Howe. Hopefully the support he gets now will leave an impression on him. I hope we all get behind him if he appears on Saturday. Who knows in the future tonali and us supporters may look back on this period now, and see it as a catalyst to tonali becoming a fantastic player for Newcastle. HWTL.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Does anyone have a clue why he hasn't been banned yet when the other guy was insta-banned. 

Wasn’t the other guy investigated first? Maybe just not as far through the investigation into Tonali yet.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m as annoyed as others at the situation and place the blame solely on Tonali, however I hope he gets a fantastic reception tomorrow.

Understandable initial feelings, but now with Sandro I do think it’s about accepting the situation & supporting him. I hope, and I’m sure we will show that if he does play. It’s what he & the club needs. The club’s in a privileged state…ooff, I said the word state :S the bad times, won’t be anywhere as near as what we’ve been through….shit, I’ve said it…but despite world war 3 there’s definitely good times ahead :)