Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Checko said:

'playing with two 6/8 hybrids who alternatively push forward or sit deep depending on the success of their torso deception'

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

wow, what a splendid watch, we have a great group here. I'd imagine Eddie has been an absolute rock for him through the tough times,and it's clear he loves the Brazilians,can't wait to see them link up. The welcome back at the weekend will be lovely.

Captain tonight? This is from Douglas's piece:

After serving his suspension he is back for a critical Carabao Cup game at Nottingham Forest on Wednesday, wearing the captain’s armband, and has been welcomed back with open arms by fans, staff and players alike.

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Absolutely mad if he's captain, like. :lol: Surely not. 

I'm wondering if there is something missing about Bruno in the sentence that got cut and that line got left in by mistake.

It would be a bit mental like :lol: 

2 hours ago, 54 said:

Ohhh thats interesting, guessing that'd mean Big Joe would play further forward, and we'd look to "pivot" away from a three in midfield

Tonali     Bruno

Gordon    Joelinton     Barnes

Isak 

:sweetjesus:

Not convinced Joelinton works well in that role at all tbh. I’d rather try Willock there and he’s not suited to it either.

however, that system will work miles better than 3 hybrid midfielders trying to do every role.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Absolutely mad if he's captain, like. :lol: Surely not. 

Or, Bruno doesn't start. Or, Bruno does and handed it over for a game. And Trippier too in that case, as he's new vice captain.

Or it's just a mistake :lol:

56 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

God knows we need it and he owes us.

Let's just give him time to get back up to speed though. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable panic from some if he looks a bit shaky for the first month or so 

Eddies holding all the cards on how he deals with Tonali.  It’s a gamble on making him captain but the guy is a diamond and you wouldn’t bet against him being ace in the role if  it happens, he’ll be wearing his heart on his sleeve either way.

Eddie calls a spade a spade and has said he’s playing a strong hand tonight, so personally I don’t think he’ll take a roll of the dice with him as captain.  

I think the result tonight is a lottery, a real 2 horse race, you could bet on it going either way, league/FA cut is priority for me so I’m happy for him to take a spin of the wheel on this game and not be too concerned if it goes to the dogs. 

Just now, RS said:

Eddies holding all the cards on how he deals with Tonali.  It’s a gamble on making him captain but the guy is a diamond and you wouldn’t bet against him being ace in the role if  it happens, he’ll be wearing his heart on his sleeve either way.

Eddie calls a spade a spade and has said he’s playing a strong hand tonight, so personally I don’t think he’ll take a roll of the dice with him as captain.  

I think the result tonight is a lottery, a real 2 horse race, you could bet on it going either way, league/FA cut is priority for me so I’m happy for him to take a spin of the wheel on this game and not be too concerned if it goes to the dogs. 

Oh how we laughed

1 minute ago, RS said:

gotcha-wink.gif

Edited by Skeletor

Was a few games last season we switched to a 4231 with Bruno and Tonali deep and it worked really well. 

The 433 with no CDM setup can obviously work and when it does it's brilliant. But do feel we often suffer from a bit of lack of structure or/and control and can make games needlessly end to end. 

If we do go to a 4231, this could allow both FBs to go forward more, and maybe our wingers become more inside forwards with J7 on the left and Gordon on the right - could explain why we haven’t signed a RW.

Ultimate troll move now would be for AC Milan to make a bid and Tonalli to put in a transfer request. In fact I'm surprised Big Frank Chippa hasn't changed his name to Football_News_Italia and said  that's what's happened.