Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

7 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Screenshot_20230621_231135_Reddit.thumb.jpg.bc1b934b43065c41806b1549090dfab5.jpg

Um Well, there’s good news and bad news. The bad news is Tonali will be leaving and joining Newcastle. On a more positive note, the good news is we are going for Christian Pulisic. So every cloud. You’re still thinking about the bad news aren't you? 

you know there’s only 7 people on the Milan board..

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

My pedantic self can’t help but to point out that The Weight was written by Robbie Robertson and that The Band hadn’t backed Dylan for years at that point. I am terrible.

34 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

To the chorus of The Weight by Bob Dylan and The Band. 

Take the ball, Tonali

Play the ball to feet

Take the ball, Tonali

Aaaaaaaand you play for the Toon Army 

And you know that is naturally going to morph into “shoot your load right on me.” playing with fire there

Here lads, had this mental dream last night that we were going around Europe signing all of the best young players, like Italys U21 captain from AC Milan and that. Was mad. It was dead funny coz the Milan fans were rioting in the streets ? 

shocked double take GIF

He loves to point out net salary. Which as discussed previously is bullshit. He's not going to be getting paid €16m. I hate the notion of net pay anyway, it's almost like footballers don't pay tax...Wait a minute.

7 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

Fab loves a non-update update lol you will get 4 or 5 of these before the official signing. 

You won't be mocking him when we see the legendary 'almost #herewego' when we've already seen pictures of Tonali pulling up at the training ground from someone hiding in the bush.

Just now, wormy said:

You won't be mocking him when we see the legendary 'almost #herewego' when we've already seen pictures of Tonali pulling up at the training ground from someone hiding in the bush.

I’ll have my cock out at work if we get a here we go today

8 minutes ago, Schecter said:

He loves to point out net salary. Which as discussed previously is bullshit. He's not going to be getting paid €16m. I hate the notion of net pay anyway, it's almost like footballers don't pay tax...Wait a minute.

Net pay is important in football because of the different tax laws in different countries. A €5m gross salary in France, UK, Italy and Saudi are all very different. 

I'm still shocked we've gone so big, so early. I was expecting a Thuram or Kone type signing, but we've gone for the shelf above.

I wonder if we look to get all of our major business done early doors then look to be opportunistic with cheaper deals later in the window.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Net pay is important in football because of the different tax laws in different countries. A €5m gross salary in France, UK, Italy and Saudi are all very different. 

yeah I realise that but that's what your agent/lawer is for and gross salary is the most important factor in terms of FFP. 

This is not too defend romano transfer journalism is all kinda a waste of time but i love how some journos report on a bit of rumour so get mocked for getting things wildly wrong then when one reports when something is confirmed and nearly done they get called tap in merchant. You want someone who can accurately predict transfers from afar? Consult a psychic, transfers are only near confirmed just before they happen

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Italy U21s playing tonight so I reckon this either gets done before Midday today or we'll be waiting till after the weekend to get official confirmation. 

So we have both Tonali and Gordon playing this U21 Euros. Gordon needs some playtime since he hasn’t played much last season, but I believe we need Tonali to rest well before the pre-season kicks off.