Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

Lavia has nowhere near the passing and dribbling/driving abilities of Tonali. Lavia is a safety first passer, Tonali may not be creative in that sense but he’s a forward progression ball player in addition to being a runner with the ball. His leadership and fighting mentality is elite.  

Lavia is probably stronger, quicker and better tackler imo. 

Is this based on anything? From what I’ve read Tonali’s passing isn’t that great and from what I’ve seen if Lavia his passing is very good. For me his best asset.

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

Is this based on anything? From what I’ve read Tonali’s passing isn’t that great and from what I’ve seen if Lavia his passing is very good. For me his best asset.

No way, Tonali’s passing range has been compared to Pirlo levels (which now people say he’s just below). Lavia is nowhere near the same level in terms of passing.

Some people are naturally negative, so even when we sign a top class player, who's own fans are furious about losing, they will still find something, just anything, to put a negative spin on it.

Tonali is a great signing.

Aye, there are fans of clubs who will completely reappraise a player’s qualities once they know they’re leaving and will decide they’re a lot shitter due to copium. I barely watch Serie A as I find Italian football boring in all honesty but having looked at his stats and his game, he looks perfect for us 

13 minutes ago, Deuce said:

I do wonder how much of a factor the Milan ownership/sacking of Maldini plays into his decision making.

If he’s as much a Rossonero as is being made out, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave us a few good years and wanted to return.

It would likely be a significant factor I think. 

Some reports have referenced how the player was shocked that Milan were even willing to sell him. 

11 minutes ago, Deuce said:

I do wonder how much of a factor the Milan ownership/sacking of Maldini plays into his decision making.

If he’s as much a Rossonero as is being made out, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave us a few good years and wanted to return.

That's it for me. Used to be English players going to Italy for a bumper pay day in their prime. Its no big deal that he'd move or move back. Probably the ideal career/life management and not just in football.

Just now, Jonas said:

That's it for me. Used to be English players going to Italy for a bumper pay day in their prime. Its no big deal that he'd move or move back. Probably the ideal career/life management and not just in football.

Good thing is that I don’t doubt his commitment to NUFC either. Doesn’t strike me as the type who’d give anything less than 100% even if he were homesick.

11 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

based on me watching Milan last season and watching far too much PL football too. It’s just my opinion. My eye test. Lavia is a talent! Just think Tonali is better at the areas I’ve mentioned. 

When the bid hits your club
And your fans start to blub 
That's Toonali

That's Toonaliiiii

When the man in the red
Says "Let's Gan Dunston Fed"
That's Toonali

That's Toonaliiiii

When the ball hits your net
And your team's gettin wrecked
That's Toonali

That's Toonaliiiii

When you walk in a dream
But you know you're not dreamin, signore
Scusami, but you see
You're in NUFC
That's Toonali

:bluestar:

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

based on me watching Milan last season and watching far too much PL football too. It’s just my opinion. My eye test. Lavia is a talent! Just think Tonali is better at the areas I’ve mentioned. 

Endless hours of analysis from

the club goes into signing these players. They had an amazing success rate with signings so far. The lad appears to be one of the most coveted midfielders in Europe, a leader for AC Milan whose played in the champions league. why is anyone bothered about Lavia ffs😂

Edited by ExiledGeordie

6 minutes ago, Menace said:

Something about Ashworths aura man. Easily one of our best things in the new regime.

It's the confidence that he absolutely has his shit together and knows exactly what he's doing. Nothing flashy, very minimal public presence, just very, very good at what he does.

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Ashworth should be known as ‘the completer’. Once you see a picture of him abroad, meeting with a player’s representatives, you know the deal’s getting done

'Mr Nut' cos when he comes it's done.