NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I reckon it's another Edwards master plan of distraction. We'll sneakily be working on a top RW deal whilst the rest of the footballing world thinks we  are targeting a loan CM. 

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Thought it would be clear now that the club probably isn't exactly revealing true numbers, and relies a lot on obfuscation. I am pretty sure that they are feeding bellends like Edwards horse shit most of the time

I personally don’t think they’re even taking the time to feed him false info.

I'd bet good money on our next signing being:

An international (U21 or senior)

Costing between 30-55m

Aged between 20/26

60/40 more likely from abroad than domestic

Someone we've been fleetingly linked with

Someone beyond/top end what we thought we could attract

From a club which is vulnerable to us financially (big or small)

Someone who's currently earning wages under 100k

This is the market we now shop in. Feed that into the super computer and see what it comes up with. [emoji38]

Edit: Also include experience in that. CL football, League winners or just plenty of minutes for their age.

Edited by STM

1 minute ago, STM said:

Costing between 30-55m

Aged between 20/26

This is the market we now shop in. Feed that into the super computer and see what it comes up with. [emoji38]

01gchrh0bvymj2cktbzg.jpg

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

I personally don’t think they’re even taking the time to feed him false info.

I assumed most of the local journos don’t even have any contacts with real knowledge. They just tweet stuff that sounds vaguely plausible. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Costing between 30-55m

Aged between 20/26

Edit: Also include experience in that. CL football, League winners or just plenty of minutes for their age.

This. Apart from the age range. Think we are looking at 21-24 range.

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I assumed most of the local journos don’t even have any contacts with real knowledge. They just tweet stuff that sounds vaguely plausible. 

Yeah, I can tell you with 99% certainty that they absolutely do have significant contacts at the highest levels in the club. Whether those contacts are feeding them correct info is another question entirely.

Just now, BeloEmre said:

I don’t think he have any special big wages now?

I read it was around 180k per week the other day. Of course that isn’t confirmed but would expect it to be relatively accurate.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fab again reporting Liverpool in for Lavia, if we are in for Thuram we may have a clear run.

Would love that. Bruno, Tonali and Thuram is some midfield, but cant see us using the rest of the budget for the same position as Tonali/Bruno.

21 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Would love that. Bruno, Tonali and Thuram is some midfield, but cant see us using the rest of the budget for the same position as Tonali/Bruno.

If you sort you core out it lifts the team... 

Or maybe we actually have long term plans for other positions  next year when more funds become available.

Still think we are running ahead of our strategy and are not ready to buy the players we want.

Some interesting issues being flagged up here. My two pence - 

Eddie has said he's not that keen on taking players on loan. The way he put it was you don't get a player's 'soul'. Okay, only half-serious, but I think I know what he meant. He wants to see commitment.

Re Phillips / Gallagher, we've yet to sign any players from the big six, and I suspect there's some tacit agreement there not to help us out. 

Phillips is a good player, and I'm not too bothered that he's not broken through at City because he's up against the best DM in the world in Rodri. But whatever, I can't see that happening.

I think there's some mileage in the idea of using Gordon as a striker. Apart from making better use of his pace, I think he needs a more flexible, freer role than he gets out wide. 

And finally, the longer this window goes on, the more I think that the reported budget restriction of £75m to £100m is probably right. 

Bailing on Szoboszlai showcases the limitations we face. Remember, the club know we have very few saleable assets, and we still need three positions strengthened. No chance we blow £50m+ on Thuram. 

just goes to show that wolves can bag nearly £50m selling two defenders they don’t really want, yet we are releasing most of our dead wood on frees or paying them off.