NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

I agree, but how easy is it to say no when a club like Real Madrid knock on your door? Hopefully he will be loaned out to continue development in a decent club.

Loan him to us.

Hypothetically if we sold Maxi for 40 million, that would be a massive ffp boost surely? He can’t have much left on the books so that would be 30/35 million profit surely, could get another tonali for those figures. (He is 11 million a season)

1 hour ago, Tina Tooner said:

How do you know that the installments to Milan are over 5 years?? 

It's nothing to do with instalments - FFP classes the price over the term of the contract

7 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Hypothetically if we sold Maxi for 40 million, that would be a massive ffp boost surely? He can’t have much left on the books so that would be 30/35 million profit surely, could get another tonali for those figures. (He is 11 million a season)

Yep, and it is the lack of sales which also screws us on FFP.  The profit would be: ASM sale price - remaining FFP amortisation = profit.  So the sale of any player late into their amortised contract would be a hefty boost. 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Don’t think there’s much doubt that our revenue is going to rocket. But you’d still have to decide whether to spend that ahead of time or wait until the actual cash comes in. 

I still believe we could spend £200m this window if we could find the players to come. 

Future revenue won’t help, as the three-year FFP window is the problem.  This is the third ‘takeover season’ - so you’ve got 21/22, 22/23 and 23/24 - we spent large sums in the previous two seasons and racked up losses.  So this season our spending is limited by this.  There’s no chance that we spend £200m net without being smashed on FFP

14 minutes ago, duo said:

It's nothing to do with instalments - FFP classes the price over the term of the contract

Only upto 5 years. It got changed after Chelsea started chucking 8 year contracts around.

33 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We need a red hot rumour before the end of the week otherwise I can see some forum beefs reaching boiling point 

Traitors game has potential to be just full of rage :lol:

In the absence of anything interesting happening, I'm starting my own Diaby rumour...

He was allegedly a primary target last summer, but didn't want to move as he thought he might not get in the French World Cup squad (lol)

He plays in a position we need to upgrade 

We'd seemingly have a free run at him 

Leverkusen have just signed a potential replacement

Seriously though, please bid for someone.

58 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

I agree, but how easy is it to say no when a club like Real Madrid knock on your door? Hopefully he will be loaned out to continue development in a decent club.

54 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Loan him to us.

But what does that do to the likes of Anderson and Miley, working and hoping for their chance and then seeing themselves being temporarily overtaken by a player who is just there to boost his own game so that he can be sent back to his parent club? I can see why Eddie's not keen on loans.

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

YouTube has the answer.

Thanks for posting that. It really does show that we've still got quite a mountain to climb before we can compete in the transfer market in the same way as the 'big six'. We need Eddie to keep on working his magic for a few more years yet.

But who's to say he won't.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

In the absence of anything interesting happening, I'm starting my own Diaby rumour...

He was allegedly a primary target last summer, but didn't want to move as he thought he might not get in the French World Cup squad (lol)

He plays in a position we need to upgrade 

We'd seemingly have a free run at him 

Leverkusen have just signed a potential replacement

Seriously though, please bid for someone.

I wouldn't be amazed if we were waiting on Guler to be the first domino to fall in our pursuit of a RW.

Hoping to get him as top target... if Guler had gone to Barca maybe there was something to be done with Raphinha...

Maybe with those two off the table we might move on other targets.

5 hours ago, Shak said:

I'd hope that Tonali would be able to play those passes too but yeah, in general I'd share the concerns. Particularly with ASM being a huge question mark in terms of expecting him to be fit for very long.

Personally I'd rather see us buy a winger and use Joelinton primarily as a CM who can play LW when needed, just trying to see the logic in going another way.

If the wide players we really want aren't attainable this summer and the value is in building a quality group of CMs, I won't hate it.

Go into next summer with fewer holes and better FFP flexibility and you could be looking at adding a Raphinha or a Kvaratskhelia level player instead of settling for a Harvey Barnes this year.

Our squad is a prime example, but it's not just the quality of the wide player but the actual type as well.

Joelinton and Miggy are both wide forwards who create little, especially Miggy. Look at their goals vs. assists. The obvious tactic then is to not play them together. Either Joelinton left and Murphy (get to the byline crosser) right or ASM (creator extraordinaire) left and Miggy right. Gordon is an option too of course. The aim is to get both creation and goal threat from the flanks.

One thing with ASM is how low his xG is. He shoots, but only from poor positions. Maybe its on the player, but he does not get into good goalscoring positions. It would be a sign of player and team improvement to see ASM score a tap in.