NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Harvey Barnes is one of those players that stat people love but he never passes the eye test. Over rated as fuck in my opinion. 

Worried we’re not seriously linked with any proper right wingers. I don’t see how we can continue to compete with Almiron and Murphy being the main two. 

5 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Harvey Barnes is one of those players that stat people love but he never passes the eye test. Over rated as fuck in my opinion. 

Worried we’re not seriously linked with any proper right wingers. I don’t see how we can continue to compete with Almiron and Murphy being the main two. 

we need Murph to wave off Bellingham after a red card in the quarter finals

33 minutes ago, andycap said:

Would anyone take moura he's a free agent? 

Wouldn’t be adverse to it on a Free if wages sensible. Surprised we didn’t fancy Traore as similar circumstances at Wolves. Both would prove usuful short term but maybe they want 3yr deals ?‍♂️ 

Also with Ashworth and Howe it’s all about pathways. So I think people are in for a surprise if they think Elliott isn’t going to get more game time than last season. Despite (me included to a degree) thinking he may not be good enough to warrant more.

I think Gordon is going to be playing a number of different position. For me we need a midfielder that can add goals and assists. I like the Tonali signing but it’s dissaponting we missed out on Maddison and Szoboszlai.

11 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I think Gordon is going to be playing a number of different position. For me we need a midfielder that can add goals and assists. I like the Tonali signing but it’s dissaponting we missed out on Maddison and Szoboszlai.

With that criteria you are looking at the likes of Raphinha - Diaby - Chiesa - Chuckuwueze - they can all do a bit of everything 

If the right player's not available then I'd take Moura. It's accepting that Almiron is first choice for another season but I'd sooner do that to fill a gap for a year than spend £20-40m on someone we don't really want. 

I'd 100% take Barnes in that instance because he'd get us the numbers we need from the other side. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Arsenal have reached an agreement with Ajax for Dutchman Jurrien Timber.

Could this mean that Kieran Tierney can now be sold?

No as Timber has been bought to play RB and RCB

10 minutes ago, Mikky said:

No as Timber has been bought to play RB and RCB

Arsenal have Nuno Tavares and Zinchenko as left backs. Surely Tomiyasu can also step in as an emergency solution? Arsenal are starting to get a lot of centre-backs now: Gabriel, Saliba, White, Kiwior and Holding + now Timber.

1 minute ago, Krabbe2 said:

Arsenal have Nuno Tavares and Zinchenko as left backs. Surely Tomiyasu can also step in as an emergency solution? Arsenal are starting to get a lot of centre-backs now: Gabriel, Saliba, White, Kiwior and Holding + now Timber.

I think Timber has been bought to play RB

Tomiyasu might be the one to go imo

Taveres they may loan out for another year I suspect - he needs another full season of playing time 

9 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I think Timber has been bought to play RB

Tomiyasu might be the one to go imo

Taveres they may loan out for another year I suspect - he needs another full season of playing time 

What about Love Island Ben?

59 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Think we'll be very impressed by Tonali's ability to create chances. And hopefully Bruno will get forward more at times too. 

I did want Szoboszlai obvs. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What about Love Island Ben?

Will be competing with Timber - I suspect Timber will be a starter after a few months in place of White