NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

People keeping saying sign Chiesa. I keep asking has anyone seen him play in the last couple of seasons. Not getting much feedback. Thought he was meant to be a shadow of his former self after injuries?

Andersen for £25m ? No chance. If you want a CB, get Tosin Adarabioyo on a free transfer.

Arsenal giving a rival Tierney on loan ? No chance.

Chiesa was the king of Turin, pre injury. ACL ruined him, and the stats reflect that. 4 goals in his last 35 apps. It’s the reason he’s now available. I’d only touch him with a loan to buy, but I’d image Juve will only want to sell 

Edited by Toon88

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Great player, awful injury record.

True, weirdly and even as a physio myself that doesn’t concern me that much because they’ll do enough research into it and if they sign him it can’t be that much of a concern. Look at Wilso for example, 2 ACLs and has come back back though people do tend to do well coming back from ACLs thesedays. The Tierney link seems to have cooled however. LB a really important signing though. 

Hmm, I can’t really remember much about him as a player. I think I’ve only seen him a handful of times. Is he good technically? I might be talking out my arse but I don’t remember being particularly wowed by him

10 minutes ago, buzz said:

Andersen is the exact same profile as Schar so a good understudy, but £25m is way too much 

Think Anderson is a little better defensively. Just from observation. Better in the air/physically. Not as slow. But also composed on the ball and capable of that one over the top. 

Also he’ll cost more than £25m unless he kicks up a massive fuss. He went for £17m from a relegated Fulham side that was defensively bad. He’s since proved himself and still has years on his contract.  

Edited by The College Dropout

9 minutes ago, Paully said:

Actually thought Chalobah looked good against us at the end of the season. He isn't a heir to Schar and not a whole lot better than Lascelles imo though. 

Gallagher would be a good squad addition but we can surely do better.

Ignacio rumours firing back up. Guehi too. Although it seems we could get Ignacio for half the price and he can play in either CB role. 

35 minutes ago, buzz said:

Andersen is the exact same profile as Schar so a good understudy, but £25m is way too much 

Surely you're not going to get a PL CB who is proven and can pass the ball for any less than that? Seems an absolutely great deal to me. 

Seems like we are being linked to half of the Chelsea squad on twitter. Just feels like a stab in the dark by random reporters figuring Chelsea have surplus players, and want to buy some players.