NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Maybe I’m naive af but that feels like such a poor move for a player who should be playing regularly given how good he’s meant to be 

When it’s Livramento not going to the bigger club is short sighted. :laugh:

Not saying you I no particular. 

Real have a good track record in recent years of developing youngsters. Either to play (Vini, Camavinga, Valaverde, Rodrygo) or sold (Odegaard).  I suspect they won’t sign a striker and will start the season with Rodrygo and Joselu as the striker. Meaning there’s lots of opportunity to play at RW. Only Valverde is there now.  

30 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Our squad is a prime example, but it's not just the quality of the wide player but the actual type as well.

Joelinton and Miggy are both wide forwards who create little, especially Miggy. Look at their goals vs. assists. The obvious tactic then is to not play them together. Either Joelinton left and Murphy (get to the byline crosser) right or ASM (creator extraordinaire) left and Miggy right. Gordon is an option too of course. The aim is to get both creation and goal threat from the flanks.

One thing with ASM is how low his xG is. He shoots, but only from poor positions. Maybe its on the player, but he does not get into good goalscoring positions. It would be a sign of player and team improvement to see ASM score a tap in.

ASM always wants the ball into feet. Rarely looks to get on the end of passing moved. Huge area for improvement. That Joelinton run? ASM almost never does it. 

29 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

ASM always wants the ball into feet. Rarely looks to get on the end of passing moved. Huge area for improvement. That Joelinton run? ASM almost never does it. 

think you and I been saying for ages but if they could drill into him to move into space and play 1-2s, or make the JL run behind he’d be absolutely deadly. 

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But it’s a constant rolling 3 years right? So some of our previous spending was covered by lack of spending under Ashley. 

You’re right, it is - but this year is the first when the Ashley era penny-pinching doesn’t help us.  21/22 saw us spend a lot in January and run up losses; we spent a lot last season too, and revenues would be up via finishing 4th but not enough to make up for the shite commercials left by Ashley.  So having two relatively high-spending years vs income in the last two seasons means we’re a bit stuffed by FFP this year; but happily next season (24/25) that big spend to save us in Jan 22 will drop off the books, and the increases in commercials will really come into play.  But it’s why it will take time - I reckon we won’t see full ‘gloves off’ spending competing with the big boys until the last years of this decade. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

2 hours ago, Ash2579 said:

ASM going to Saudi for 50m pretty much sorts our FFP issues out! 

We have 
Joelinton 

Gordon 

Miggy 

Isak 

who can fill the left and

Miggy

Gordon

who can fill the right! 

we need a right sided player! I’d love Diaby

Unfair to not mention Murphy after the season he had 

I really like Gallagher, I think Howe would make a real player out of him but.....

Wheres he getting in our team? I'm not sure he's better than Willock and I wouldn't trust him to do what Longstaff can do.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I really like Gallagher, I think Howe would make a real player out of him but.....

Wheres he getting in our team? I'm not sure he's better than Willock and I wouldn't trust him to do what Longstaff can do.

Definitely, Willock is better right now and isn’t a guaranteed starter now either. 

Anyways I get the feeling the link so us is lazy journalism based upon historic interest. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Definitely, Willock is better right now and isn’t a guaranteed starter now either. 

Anyways I get the feeling the link so us is lazy journalism based upon historic interest. 

I'm absolutely convinced he's on a list somewhere, as a longer term target but it makes zero sense right now and probably makes even less sense going forward. He's more likely to get in Chelseas midfield than ours.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm absolutely convinced he's on a list somewhere, as a longer term target but it makes zero sense right now and probably makes even less sense going forward. He's more likely to get in Chelseas midfield than ours.

I reckon he was on the Tonali list and thus is no longer required. Joelinton will be extended, Tonali we just bought, Longstaff is untouchable Bruno will renew too. 

So by my reckoning unless someone makes an offer for Willock which we can’t refuse Gallagher is a none starter.  

I know we keep hush hush these days and genuine rumours seem to only happen when we have an imminent signing usually, but anyone else think we are done for the summer?

Just now, Stal said:

I know we keep hush hush these days and genuine rumours seem to only happen when we have an imminent signing usually, but anyone else think we are done for the summer?

Not at all. Bizarre take tbh.  

3 minutes ago, Stal said:

No. There’s almost two months left.

Edited by SteV

9 minutes ago, Stal said:

No. The transfer window has pretty much only just opened, we’ve got ages. 

I think we will have our second signing completed before end of next week. Same as last time, it would be someone we never heard of before and both clubs simply negotiated and agreed within days

The Gallagher at WBA did more in terms of grafting and the hard stuff box to box work tackling, linking, on the other hand the Gallagher at Crystal Palace was utilised different entirely, he was grabbing goals and being used as a 10. Gallagher is definitely a lad that can do the hard graft and the fancy stuff, I think a lot of people are forgetting, we're not signing players just for a particular role, we're signing them because they can interchange and compliment each other, they're all literally sharing the same roles and interchange on the pitch during the formation to confuse sides but ultimately help each other.

Howe will have a bunch of lads that can do it all, think of players like Kyle Walker going from full back into centre half, and Stones from centre half into midfield, these are the types that allow managers to change things up during a game.

7 minutes ago, Stal said:

I really like the hush hush approach we have towards transfers. I don’t think we are done and can see another couple of signings at least. I think Eddie Howe and people on here would be a bit disappointed if we didn’t get a RW and LB in.

26 minutes ago, Stal said:

Ban immediately for this crazy post

34 minutes ago, Stal said:

Nah we'll sell Bruno to balance the books and then we're done. 

Our main goal should be to qualify for UCL again. (EPL will probably have 5 spots next year in the expanded format) Given that the contracts we spent on short amorisation times to save ourselves from relegation will be gone soon, we would be able to go big next summer.