NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

16 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

You did say 'massive racist?' 

But now twice say no idea?

maybe consider how you label people, if you have no idea?

“Massive racist” or using the word “massive” before another word is a pretty common term in the English language that’s often used to comic effect when not being entirely serious. I’ll just leave it there

2 minutes ago, Willow said:

Ignoring what it'd mean for potential outgoings, I'd absolutely love Barnes here, always been a fan of his. If it's about £35m get it done asap tbh imo

He would  strengthen us, then there’s the “Howe” factor too! Also that new midfield 3 of ours with Sandro in it pinging balls about into spaces ?

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We apparently rejected £85m for Botman before they moved on to Gvardiol. 

Edit: just seen the source. Nufcblog.co.uk FFS. :lol:

There's some reports saying they enquired, so maybe that was the case. 

A lot of noise that we were in touch with Sporting about Inacio who is a similar profile to Botman.

Maybe we did some due diligence incase Man City put together a crazy offer for Botman.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

If City offered £85 million for Botman as their first offer then I’m surprised the club were not open to entering in to negotiations.

He is good but he’s not irreplaceable.

They didn’t.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

If City offered £85 million for Botman as their first offer then I’m surprised the club were not open to entering in to negotiations.

They didn’t offer. At the most an enquiry. It’s always been Gvardiol. It’s just more nonsense to get some clicks. He’s going nowhere.

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I'd take it as a very positive sign about our intentions, but yeah I'd be a little surprised myself if they didn't entertain such an offer at all.

Edited by 80

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Why when it pretty much backs up what he’s already said ?

Depends what article of his you read tbh, he’s literally covered every base so of course he’s going to be correct on one of them.

34 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Exactly. Would have fitted the model

of buying the next two Botmans - Todibo and probably another player. Aim would be a single mega sale per window and buy the next one or two until we’ve got a stacked academy to fall back on.

6 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Edwards having a mare this window. Think he writes well but hes been so off.

Who’d give an exclusive to that personality void? Bloke is a fucking nugget.

"

Newcastle have rekindled their interest in Moussa Diaby this window while Harvey Barnes is not a priority.

We understand that Eddie Howe wants to go back in for the Bayer Leverkusen winger ahead of the club's return to the Champions League. Newcastle also like Eintracht Frankfurt's Jesper Lindstrom, who we revealed wants out of his current side this window."

Via Football Transfers on Twitter 

On 04/07/2023 at 22:12, The Prophet said:

In the absence of anything interesting happening, I'm starting my own Diaby rumour...

He was allegedly a primary target last summer, but didn't want to move as he thought he might not get in the French World Cup squad (lol)

He plays in a position we need to upgrade 

We'd seemingly have a free run at him 

Leverkusen have just signed a potential replacement

Seriously though, please bid for someone.

I wonder if they pay well?

Few concerns on Diaby. Bundesliga stats are misleading, as we’ve seen with Havertz/Sancho types. Apparently, we have the ‘free run’ at him. That’s never good. It means nobody else wants him, or values him above £50m. The other concern is, he’s not really elite for that kind of money, and he’s only on the fringes of International football. Physically he might be rapid, but he still might need to bulk up, and take time to adapt to the demands and physicality of the PL. 

I know some have concerns on Barnes, but he’s £15m/£20m cheaper and proven in the PL.

Edited by Toon88