NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I don't mind FFP with how it's affecting us in isolation. We've spent a canny bit and can spend a canny bit more. Howe is a compulsive liar.

Clubs like Chelsea failing consistently but still being allowed to take the piss is just irritating to see though. Meanwhile Everton are completely fucked for trying to compete.

Watching Eddie's comments, he wasn't exactly convincing that something wasn't close. If anything he seemed keen to get something done.

Edited by STM

Some more interesting quotes from Howe:

"I’m patient and understand the parameters we’re working in but I also know the needs we have."

"For me it’s not a case of we want to do it, we need to do it. I want them on the grass and available now."

Edited by The Prophet

1 hour ago, Thumbheed said:

Just me who doesn't mind the FFP constraints?

Worst thing to see in football is watching clubs buy their way to the top in a couple of windows.

Give me a slow and steady build any day of the week. 

I’m a 100% with you on this - not going to change my tune on it just because we’re now the rich club when I hated Chelsea and Man City for buying their success.

Edited by Gawalls

Just now, gbandit said:

That sounds like someone is definitely going, and I don’t mean a Fraser or a Hayden. The only likely candidate is ASM, who else out of our first 11 is a possible?

EH's way of hinting someone is off.

Aye, reading into that it could be maxi. He’ll be chasing info on transfers daily and probably told this, but hoping with current negotiations he won’t have too.  Like he said though as time goes by things will have to be done a lot quicker. 

He's said the same thing for nearly 2 year. People have worked out roughly what we can spend and we're a million miles away from needing to sell to buy this window. It doesn't even make sense on a basic level as the only way to make money on transfers is to buy players first off. Us just not having a left back of any value doesn't improve our FFP situation, we'd literally be better off after buying someone who's value increases - it's just finding the right players and bedding them in.

We'll have players we want to sell as they're not in our plans, but we aren't in a position where we can only sign Harvey Barnes and a LB if we sell Maxi this window otherwise we'll breach FFP. We could sell Maxi next summer and it's not a great deal different.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He's said the same thing for nearly 2 year. People have worked out roughly what we can spend and we're a million miles away from needing to sell to buy this window. It doesn't even make sense on a basic level as the only way to make money on transfers is to buy players first off.

We'll have players we want to sell as they're not in our plans, but we aren't in a position where we can only sign Harvey Barnes and a LB if we sell Maxi this window otherwise we'll breach FFP. We could sell Maxi next summer and it's not a great deal different.

Price would be quite a bit different for Maxi. He would only have a year left if we sell next summer.

How people look forward to the transfer window is beyond me like, it's the absolute fucking pits for 95% of the time it's open. NO traitors boxed my brain in for about 5 days but it was still a welcome relief from the football forum. 

Edited by TheHoob

28 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Price would be quite a bit different for Maxi. He would only have a year left if we sell next summer.

We will offer him a new contract though if Howe sees him in his plans. The point is that if we sell Maxi it's not because we're on the brink of breaking FFP like is being reported it's because he's just not worth the squad place in relation to his transfer fee (not necessarily my opinion).

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Ameritoon said:

Extremely benign quotes from the man who purposely never gives anything away means the board are operating behind his back :lol:

I still remember the last press conference of last season he made a jokey comment along the lines of "Thank you for sticking with me this season, even if I sometimes feed you wrong information", and literally no-one in the press laughed :lol:

I can't imagine even if Tonali was the only signing that Howe would have a problem like. Aye it's not his ideal scenario but he'll still have something way above what he could have dreamed about 2 years ago when he was mulling over the Celtic job. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

9 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

How people look forward to the transfer window is beyond me like, it's the absolute fucking pits for 95% of the time it's open. NO traitors boxed my brain in for about 5 days but it was still a welcome relief from the football forum. 

Can’t stand the transfer window. If I was a stronger person I would avoid it completely. But this forum is so damn loveable.