NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I guess money talks but be mad career wise for ASM to entertain a Saudi move. First chance to play in the CL, at a club going places. 

Neves was at wolves who are stagnating. Fabinho, Ronaldo and many others are coming to the end of their careers, so a different scenario 

Just now, Pilko said:

Would Maxi really have been risked in the pissing rain at Gateshead today if we were about to get some silly Saudi money for him? Doubt it

Seems weird, like. 

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Would Maxi really have been risked in the pissing rain at Gateshead today if we were about to get some silly Saudi money for him? Doubt it

We had no other options tbh

Just now, Jack27 said:

If there's big money on the table for him meaning we then go and secure a priority signing with the proceeds, there's no way he plays today IMO. You'd just have started one of the U21 lads, our lack of available first teamers doesn't really come into it.

Call me a conspiracy nut but I had a feeling that the non-NUFC player signings by Saudi clubs had a dual purpose. 

There's certainly now a decent list of clubs who are in no position to complain about any above value signings from Newcastle.

6 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Rainy Saturday, 1st pre season game against a conference team, and we had no options? 6 fullbacks, still limited by options? 

5 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Just me who doesn't mind the FFP constraints?

Worst thing to see in football is watching clubs buy their way to the top in a couple of windows.

Give me a slow and steady build any day of the week. 

FFP is a good idea in principle. In reality though, it's just locked in the advantages for those who have already spent their way to the top.

20 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Call me a conspiracy nut but I had a feeling that the non-NUFC player signings by Saudi clubs had a dual purpose. 

There's certainly now a decent list of clubs who are in no position to complain about any above value signings from Newcastle.

Just watch them.

1 hour ago, Exiled in Texas said:

This actually makes sense.  Can see the two being linked. 

And that makes even more sense if there is a 3rd BIG deal being worked on that needs some FFP lubrication

The £££ from Maxi pays for Barnes, and the FFP credit from Maxi sale goes to new signing

I’d imagine it would be Livramento. We’ve already had a bid rejected, so I think this is one that the club will revisit, once the Barnes/ASM situation has been resolved. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

he-man laughing GIF by Challenger

I was against any moves of our players to Saudi Arabia for that reason but you're not wrong there. 

Edited by TheHoob

1 hour ago, TRon said:

FFP is a good idea in principle. In reality though, it's just locked in the advantages for those who have already spent their way to the top.

Don't think anyone's under the illusion as to what FFP is about but I'd much rather be the type of club that conquers it than the type of club that benefits from it.

Edited by Thumbheed

50 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Don't think anyone's under the illusion as to what FFP is about but I'd much rather be the type of club that conquers it than the type of club that benefits from it.

Would you like to be the type of club which gets hurdles chucked in our way while others enjoy the benefits of heriditary privelege? Privelege backed by big money for the past 30 years by the way. I agree with you in principle but we are in for a long haul if we follow that logic, and fans need to understand it. Expectations need to be lowered next season for sure.

It’s really a shame, what Ashley didn’t do for us as owner that he could have still improved on and we’d still be in the exact same financial positions. He didn’t even attempt to find good commercial partnerships, it seemed like they took the quickest deal that had long term locks to protect a 2-3 year window which makes 0 fucking sense. 

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Had the same thought. Think it's a little bit too far over the rainbow to imagine they're giving hundreds of millions to competitors of ours just so they can slide an ASM deal through, but it's definitely a happy upside to dipping everyone else's hands in the blood, as the saying goes. Suspect things will end up being a lot quieter from some quarters going forward.

If Liverpool get an OTT fee for a basically finished Fabinho or Henderson, loads of journos will have to shut up. Their perceived moral high ground is gone.

LIverpool are the club journos in the UK are most precious about, so from a sportswashing perspective, it would be wise move.

8 hours ago, TRon said:

I don't think FFP is a good idea at all, the point was to stop the likes of Ridsdale at Leeds spending money they didn't have and almost bankrupting the club.

I think if you can prove you have the money to spend, you should be allowed to, UEFA/FIFA's job is to protect the sport for the benefit of the clubs and the fans. I can't see how preventing "NEW"  money coming into the system does that.