NUFC Transfer Rumours

I was having a cursory glance at our team stats so far, to see if anything has changed much, very small sample size, but we are bottom in the league for crosses per game, from averaging 20 last season to just 10 so far.  Our average was the third highest last season. Just seemed an interesting change, but obviously its contextual and the sample size is very very small. Only Liverpool averaged more crosses per game than us last season.  Seems crazy that we are averaging less than West Ham.  

7 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I was having a cursory glance at our team stats so far, to see if anything has changed much, very small sample size, but we are bottom in the league for crosses per game, from averaging 20 last season to just 10 so far.  Our average was the third highest last season. Just seemed an interesting change, but obviously its contextual and the sample size is very very small. Only Liverpool averaged more crosses per game than us last season.  Seems crazy that we are averaging less than West Ham.  

How do other stars match up? Crosses per game is so mean meaningless, actually thinking about our fixtures the data probably isn’t even relevant at this point. 

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Miggy was one of best performers yesterday, BTW. He is most weeks. Shocking lack of respect he gets.

This is true, but he gets the most opportunities for himself and to create or play in others, and he continues to get them wrong.

Work rate he's in the top three players, decisions he only knows to hold and wait for Trippier. 

He contributed to Isak not being involved for me yesterday, Trippier looks for Miggy, the midfielders look to get Miggy in behind, did Miggy look for Isak or create one opportunity for him yesterday, I don't think he did.

We need to start finding our Striker and getting the balls in the box early.

Just another opinion, but granted he performs each week, I just wish he'd use his striker more than going solo.

Edited by mighty__mag

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

How do other stars match up? Crosses per game is so mean meaningless, actually thinking about our fixtures the data probably isn’t even relevant at this point. 

I'm just having a look at it to see if anything noticeably changed, that was the first thing that stood out. I don't think its totally meaningless, city average a very high amount but yeah agree the sample size is very very small. The only thing that stood out to me yesterday was we had 0 accurate through balls and only one attempt. 

Edited by Sempiternal

11 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

We played Man City. When Man City are 1/3 of your sample size, stats will be skewed.

1 minute ago, STM said:

We played Man City. When Man City are 1/3 of your sample size, stats will be skewed.

Yeah the sample size is way too small, just wanted to see if anything had noticeably differed just compared to watching the games and thinking "we don't seem to cross much". 

Edited by Sempiternal

31 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I still would like us to get a true DM in, obviously not going to to happen this window now, but maybe one for future windows.

Maybe this in the future:

Tonali.                         Bruno.
                New DM.    

29 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Obviously the defending is suspect but would offer us a lot more than miggy

Watched him the other night against Rangers and I was impressed. Although I still love Miggy and don’t want him replaced this summer 

3 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

This is true, but he gets the most opportunities for himself and to create or play in others, and he continues to get them wrong.

Work rate he's in the top three players, decisions he only knows to hold and wait for Trippier. 

He contributed to Isak not being involved for me yesterday, Trippier looks for Miggy, the midfielders look to get Miggy in behind, did Miggy look for Isak or create one opportunity for him yesterday, I don't think he did.

We need to start finding our Striker and getting the balls in the box early.

Just another opinion, but granted he performs each week, I just wish he'd use his striker more than going solo.

There was one point in the game where he got behind the fullback in the box and it was a great opportunity to put it across the box, it was on his right foot though so by the time he stopped to bring it on to his left the moment had gone.

I can understand being one footed but surely he can use the outside of his left foot if it is that dominant.