NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

We could use a 29 year old tbh, we need some experience. 

100% agree with this. I'm sure David Batty was around 28 ish when KK signed him and he was 'oven ready' from the off. Zero bedding in time.

Would be fairly similar with KP I think. Just needs to learn a bit of our style of play and get his match fitness levels up.

1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

100% agree with this. I'm sure David Batty was around 28 ish when KK signed him and he was 'oven ready' from the off. Zero bedding in time.

Would be fairly similar with KP I think. Just needs to learn a bit of our style of play and get his match fitness levels up.

I think that bit of experience and intelligene (esp in our league) is what our CM is missing most. Insert Philips into 1-0 v Liverpool, 2-1 v West Ham and 2-1 v Wolves (obv if he was fit) and I'd tell you thats +7 points. What he does in those matches is what we're lacking when closing out games. 

Would say the above applies to Ruben Neves too. 

Edited by Kanji

19 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

I'm still not entirely sure what the end game of Ashworth openly discussing the situation was. Reeks of tinfoil but he's a very intelligent man cleary, so what gives?

If nothing else it’s bringing the situation to a head now. Rather than it getting to the eve of the window, and us having any potential plans disrupted. 

Edited by SteV

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Casemiro and sancho going to Saudi for hefty fees would knock me sick

Saudi Arabia are absolutely destroying how FFP operates in this country. It was already a shitshow without SA digging Liverpool and Man U out of the dirt. The fees for Fabinho and Henderson were ridiculous 

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Pretty Sure Ashworth was coming out early and acknowledging something that was already likely scheduled/about to be scheduled/been bitched about by other clubs before hitting the press. 

Votes not till the 21st.  Just sort the deals now.

Mahrez  2 year Loan

Neves  2 year Loan

Laporte  2 year Loan

Veiga 2 year loan

30 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Saudi Arabia are absolutely destroying how FFP operates in this country. It was already a shitshow without SA digging Liverpool and Man U out of the dirt. The fees for Fabinho and Henderson were ridiculous 

Dont think those clubs have the backing to have an issue with FFP TBH.  More chelsea than anything.

4 hours ago, MagMal said:

the Saudi lads saying don't block Newcastles loan and we will buy you problem players, we would get a player we need but man u would get a stack of ffp credit.

Should be the other way around imo.  They stay clear of clubs that are being difficult.

Hoping that Saudis don't touch Man United's players after their farcical demands for Lingaard.

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Trust me ... the guy we want to get off them is Yacine Adli. Perfect back up for Bruno.

What’s the deal with him? Has he not settled? Pretty sure he was the one they bought from Bordeaux? 

10 minutes ago, Mikky said:

What’s the deal with him? Has he not settled? Pretty sure he was the one they bought from Bordeaux? 

Yeah that's him.

Was still quite young when they bought him, and with the change in manager, seems to have got lost in the shuffle.

Looks like he is starting to get more opportunities this season though.

Think he's so talented and they should have used him far more by now. Would love to nick him off them.

Unreal skill and technique and facilitates things from that deeper position in a similar way to Bruno. Better athlete though.

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Problem begins and ends with ‘£70m rated’. We haven’t got that to spend. Halve it and cleverness with FFP would work but you get the sense someone like Branthwaite from Everton as needy sellers to fund Bramley Dock would make more sense.