NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Time for us to dip into the striker market in January if we want to compete then unfortunately as good as he is we can’t rely on Wilson or even Isak for that matter. Of course we need to backup in other positions but I hope we can see some young lads step up and make a claim.

19 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Time for us to dip into the striker market in January if we want to compete then unfortunately as good as he is we can’t rely on Wilson or even Isak for that matter. Of course we need to backup in other positions but I hope we can see some young lads step up and make a claim.

Benzema on loan it is then

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

I love Willock, one of my favourite players but this is a time we really need him to show his best for us. Can’t afford him to drift out of games too much 

He was incredible against Man U and had a big hand in the Arsenal result but Dortmund away and Bournemouth were strange performances - he was getting brushed off the ball particularly easily.

Hopefully, it's just that he's been rushed back and this break will give him a chance to catch up a bit more. Such a threat when he's on it.

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Can't see us signing a striker in January. It'll be a summer job if we're looking at phasing Wilson out.

I think we will look for a young striker in January, possibly from south America. Goes without saying we need this, and need it fast. 

We can not plan or expect Wilson to be match fit while Isak have these injuries. 

Maybe a loan? 

Wilson is such a good striker in the box that he'll be hard to directly replace, stating the obvious. But Isak seems to fit the system better, so I can't think we'd go for another out and out striker - not many of those about anyway.

By January, though, you'd hope both Wilson and Isak might be back, which may take the urgency away.

The job until January has to be to somehow not be too far adrift in the league and then see what's possible. I guess it all depends what we're aiming for by then.

3 minutes ago, High Five o said:

I think we will look for a young striker in January, possibly from south America. Goes without saying we need this, and need it fast. 

We can not plan or expect Wilson to be match fit while Isak have these injuries. 

The Athletic are reporting Wilson is out until the end of December. We could be back at a full compliment with no Europe by the time January comes around.

Strikers don't come cheap and sides don't like selling them mid-season.

29 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Athletic are reporting Wilson is out until the end of December. We could be back at a full compliment with no Europe by the time January comes around.

Strikers don't come cheap and sides don't like selling them mid-season.

But that is not how to plan well. What happen when Wilson is out in february again, and are isak reliable? Both have had an extensive injury record lately. We should plan with Wilson injury record in mind. 

Strikers are not cheap, but correct me if I am wrong, but does not south American leagues usually end Dec/Jan? 

6 minutes ago, High Five o said:

But that is not how to plan well. What happen when Wilson is out in february again, and are isak reliable? Both have had an extensive injury record lately. We should plan with Wilson injury record in mind. 

Strikers are not cheap, but correct me if I am wrong, but does not south American leagues usually end Dec/Jan? 

I could well be wrong, but if we have less games in the new year and both strikers are fit in January, I just can't see it.

The club very rarely deviates from primary targets too, so unless a player we like is up for sale we're unlikely to sacrifice limited financial wiggle room.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I could well be wrong, but if we have less games in the new year and both strikers are fit in January, I just can't see it.

The club very rarely deviates from primary targets too, so unless a player we like is up for sale we're unlikely to sacrifice limited financial wiggle room.

You might be right, let's see👍 

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We definitely don’t have the money for CB, CM and striker. The other 2 are higher priority imo right now.