NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Have to say, I feel a bit sad about the notion of Wilson having to be jettisoned.  I suspect we need to due to his injury record, but I really do think he’s the second best ‘no 9’ in B&W in my lifetime (and we know what that shirt means).  He feels like a throwback; a true traditional centre forward.  His injury record is just horrendous, though.  

8 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Juventus have pulled out of the race to sign 28-year-old Manchester City and England midfielder Kalvin Phillips, who is also wanted by Newcastle United. (Sun)

This has a Jesse Lingard feel about it - will just drag on and on

We lost the midfield as soon as Joe left the the match, and he was also injured during the bad run we just had in the last few weeks. It is clear to me that a CM/DM is the most important thing we have to sort out in this window. 

He denied anything was happening when Isak was plastered all over twitter getting his medical done, he will always play it down regardless of what we're doing and it's probably wise to do so tbh.

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

He denied anything was happening when Isak was plastered all over twitter getting his medical done, he will always play it down regardless of what we're doing and it's probably wise to do so tbh.

While at a press conference in the States this last summer, he said that there was nothing in the Barnes rumours, despite him having been flown by on a private charter, and was in the hotel meeting his new team mates right behind where Howe was sat :lol: 

Assuming someone has intentionally twisted his words here to make it sound like we’re not interested in signing anyone when really he means there’s no a specific position we’re after.