NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

To be fair it was just his personal opinion, there is no actual info that we are interested in Mitro

Must be brilliant being a journo just giving opinions on who teams should sign.

I’m not sure a striker even changes much for us at the moment. Isak is clearly first pick with Wilson backup. Assuming Wilson isn’t out too long any striker is either going to be 2nd or 3rd choice. Seems pointless this window. 

I don't think we'll buy a striker in Jan for lots of reasons. Maybe a young loan, but even those stopgap deals don't seem very common in the PL. Usually a loan has some kind of expectation of buying the player later. 

I've said it before...

Howe was bemoaning his attacking options from the bench for weeks... 

I'd be shocked if we weren't looking at an attacking player, of some sort. 

Just now, STM said:

I've said it before...

We are :indi:

17 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Not sure we need depth additions at the money he’d cost, we need upgrades to the first 11.

We should be looking around for a young striker as back up, or preferably a versatile forward who can play across the front line like the lad from Sporting.

Howe will end up out of a job if he continues to pursue his preference for expensive British players who don’t take us to the next level.

Doubt he sets the scene or has the vital vote on who we pursue. Would like to think no one comes who he doesn’t want, mind, but he won’t be the one responsible for strategy. 

Depends on whether Wilson’s latest injury is a slight fray or a full on shred. Even the former keeps him out for ages. I’ve got zero confidence in Barnes being back even by February so probably need to call for reinforcements.

I think a forward and a midfielder will be the brief if suitable candidates are available and affordable this window. Phillips is obvious and I noticed Solanke’s profile, for example, has him in a range of forward position from attacking midfield to centre forward.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

I've said it before...

Crying out for other options in the final 3rd for rotation and just to offer something different. 

9 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Depends on whether Wilson’s latest injury is a slight fray or a full on shred. Even the former keeps him out for ages. I’ve got zero confidence in Barnes being back even by February so probably need to call for reinforcements.

If it was that bad he wouldnt be spending 14 hours on a plane to Dubai and back

41 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I’m not sure a striker even changes much for us at the moment. Isak is clearly first pick with Wilson backup. Assuming Wilson isn’t out too long any striker is either going to be 2nd or 3rd choice. Seems pointless this window. 

Depends. Allows you to push Isak out on the left and rest Gordon, who we're really in dire straits without should he get injured.

38 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't think we'll buy a striker in Jan for lots of reasons. Maybe a young loan, but even those stopgap deals don't seem very common in the PL. Usually a loan has some kind of expectation of buying the player later. 

Yeah loan deals for attackers without a compulsory buy option never happen.

3 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Depends. Allows you to push Isak out on the left and rest Gordon, who we're really in dire straits without should he get injured.

Let’s not push Our best striker to the flanks. 

Dubs

Trippier          Schar       Botman    Burn

Gordon      Bruno       Joelinton    Barnes

Solanke

Mitro

Edited by TBG

4 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Okay, cool, let's have Gordon break down instead. 

We are going back to one game per week. No worries about him breaking down at this stage. Plus Barnes will be back in a couple of weeks, plus when Wilock returns big Joe can also play there. 

Liverpool are where they are in the league not because of defensive solidity it's down to their wealth of attacking options. Goals win games simple as and we're severely lacking in that department.

Edited by duo

4 minutes ago, duo said:

Liverpool are where they are in the league not because of defensive solidity it's down to their wealth of attacking options. Goals win games simple as and we're severely lacking in that department.

Aye, their attacking options are ridiculous.