NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Sounds like one for us (probs about £20m?):

“Guerra is a talented midfielder who can play either in a holding or more advanced position in the midfield. He covers long distances, has a great short game, is great at delivering through balls and has great tackling skills.”

IMG_7875.thumb.jpeg.4b7a535b428916b5ecc9952b0857f432.jpeg

Could be a good signing, people from his birth town usually wear their heart on their sleeve

Edited by joeyt

Just now, joeyt said:

Could be a good signing, people from his birth town usually wear their heart on their sleeve

Usually the best a man can get.

22 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

it’s not rose tinted glasses at all.

ive got 20 years experience as an accountant, including as a big 4 auditor who audited Man U and a couple of rugby clubs. I’ve also advised Swansea City and am a CFO.

I know how sports finances work and can sort through the boring crap that sets out the rules on FFP.

the guy or gal in charge of the finances at the club will also be well on top of this and will also be a lot closer than me to the areas where they can maximise the exemptions available.

the Hall deal tells you that we had no more room to buy anyone, but the fact we did it when we did tells you that they have a financial plan that keeps them compliant.

if that plan involved selling someone, we would have done it

save yer breath, man.

Nickson was at the game between 

Atlalanta vs Frosinone, reports emerged days after he was watching Ederson, its highly likely he was watching various players including Matias Soule who would possibly replace Almiron, Soule has 9 goals this season so far.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Nickson was at the game between 

Atlalanta vs Frosinone, reports emerged days after he was watching Ederson, its highly likely he was watching various players including Matias Soule who would possibly replace Almiron, Soule has 9 goals this season so far.

Soule also linked with a £30m move to Al Ettihad, doesn’t want to go though.

Confidence is clearly low and maybe as big of an issue as fatigue at this point. I think adding someone this window could galvanize our whole team, especially if they improve the quality of our midfield and have an energy about them. MGW would be perfect.

What’s everyone’s thoughts/predictions going into the last few days ? 

I think we will go with what we have, no one in or out and then some major business in the summer.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think we will go with what we have, no one in or out and then some major business in the summer.

Nothing will happen 

Lots of noise to generate the clicks as per, but ultimately nothing.

Why would we weaken ourselves at this point whilst in the FA Cup 5 round and two 1st choice midfielders out for the season.

In saying that if you can get decent money for Miggy and bring in a top midfielder who’s not cup tied, we could feasibly get away with Murphy and Gordon on the right, though I’ve got to say neither of those options  appeals much and relies on Anderson/Barnes being back soon.

None in, none out. Can’t see the club being able to do the incoming they want, at the price they want this late in the window. Domino effect for other clubs too.

31 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think there will have been enquiries about players we want and think we had/have a chance of attracting. These probably prioritised in terms of what Eddie thinks we need now to continue competing this season. In order to afford this, I think we need to sell. 
Wouldn’t be surprised to find out, if we ever really would, that the four senior players linked with moves had been to some degree offered, or at least interest encouraged. I don’t think we would push players out, so if Miggy, Calum and Tripps don’t want to go, can’t see us making hard for them to stay. Lascelles will go I think, though maybe in the summer. Of the other three, I don’t think anything is happening now with Trippier. Watch this space with other two. Almiron most likely to go if he says yes and everything else aligned.