NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

16 hours ago, KaKa said:

There's an article claiming we bid £40 million for Koopmeiners in January.

https://www.ilbianconero.com/a/juventus-fari-accesi-su-teun-koopmeiners-e-il-primo-obiettivo-ma-95006

Really good player for us if we play with a double pivot

We need a 6 - so Ederson is the one - whilst we are there, we may as well put Scalvini in our trolley - such a quality signing he’d be

Already had the manger say "no war chest" no idea what the fugure will be but expecting more player sales the fact that we so far haven't extended players with contracts ending in the summer then depending on which competition we in Europe wise if any we in for a mini rebuild. 

My guess based on nothing would be 70/80m plus player sales. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hope we really focus on improving the starting 11 this summer. 4 first team signings would leave us with a very strong squad imo. 

Hmmm

CB

LB

CM

RW

CF

5 positions for me - with Wilson and Miggy sold at the very least - and Hall not purchased 

There's other positions but I really want a left back. Like a proper Isak, Bruno, Botman, standard left back.

It will be tough to do. Like the holy grail but the balance of the side would improve so much with having a quality left back. It doesn't have to be a marauding forward thinking left back. Just someone who's really good on the ball and a beast defensively, that would allow Gordon/Barnes some comfort.

We'd then have:

RB: Trippier, Tino, Krafth

LB: New left back, Tino, Burn

I will allow the footy nerds to work out who fits that profile.[emoji38]

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hope we really focus on improving the starting 11 this summer. 4 first team signings would leave us with a very strong squad imo. 

If we take Howe at his word, the plan was/is to have two XIs so you'd have to look at how you'd put those together and which players wouldn't have the quality to be regular top 6/7 PL starters.

Pope/Dubz

Trippier/Livramento

Burn/Targett

Botman/Schar/Lascelles/Krafth

Bruno/Tonali

Willock/Joelinton

Longstaff/Miley

Almiron/Murphy

Gordon/Barnes

Isak/Wilson

So LB, CB, RW and CF are the obvious ones, assuming Isak & Wilson can't stay fit. CM would obviously be needed if Bruno or Joelinton left.

Think we can wait another year for LB, in reality we’ll have Burn, Tino, Targett and Hall. Whilst there isn’t a truly elite LB there, I’d want Tino playing week in week out next season ahead of transitioning to RB the season after.

My ideal summer would be to shift as many of the following as possible:

Targett, Ritchie, Dummett, Lascelles, Wilson, Hayden, Lewis, Hendrick, Fraser and any of the other deadwood i’ve forgotten. 

I’d also be selling Miggy for anything over £20m

I reckon that would give us a pot in the region of £150m-£200m for the summer. Four positions are key. CB, CM, RW, ST.

Dubravka will be gone. We will need to sign (probably) a quality young keeper to be understudy to Pope.

Karius will probably leave, so we might need to dip into the, old 3rd choice, basket too.

1 minute ago, NSG said:

Think we can wait another year for LB, in reality we’ll have Burn, Tino, Targett and Hall. Whilst there isn’t a truly elite LB there, I’d want Tino playing week in week out next season ahead of transitioning to RB the season after.

My ideal summer would be to shift as many of the following as possible:

Targett, Ritchie, Dummett, Lascelles, Wilson, Hayden, Lewis, Hendrick, Fraser and any of the other deadwood i’ve forgotten. 

I’d also be selling Miggy for anything over £20m

I reckon that would give us a pot in the region of £150m-£200m for the summer. Four positions are key. CB, CM, RW, ST.

Ultimately, we will have to be super flexible in terms of outgoings. 

For players who haven't contributed or are now starting to cause a problem through fitness, we need to listen to any offer.

The knock on effect means that we will also have to replace them, where possible.

Targett is a player who will have suitors and is a player we probably have to sell. He's had two years of not playing for us.

Hall, remains a mystery what's going on but again, he can't sit on the bench another year. So either we take what we can get for him... or find a suitable loan. He might have a break out summer and put himself into Eddie's plans, but he won't start.

Burn, well I think we are all agreed. He can't be first choice next year. 

Then there's Tino. If we make any form of Europe, he will get 25+ games in either full back position, so game time isn't a worry. If we get an injury to Trippier, we need Tino... therefore a problem has returned at left back again.

A Trippier injury could see:

Tino     Schar     Botman    Burn 

Back very quickly.

I've tried my best to put the case forward for a quality left back. It's over to the jury.... [emoji38]

I really like the look of Murillo at Notts Forest, very good in the tackle and great passing ability for a centre back, probably can play left back too. He’s only 21 and reminds me of a younger Martinez at Man Utd.