NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd say at £56 million it's anything but a no brainer.

I think a ratio of nearly a goal every two games for a twenty year old, is impressive and since his return from injury he has been on fire this 2nd half of the season.

A lot of top sides are interested in him, I am fairly certain he will be top class player

2 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

I think a ratio of nearly a goal every two games for a twenty year old, is impressive and since his return from injury he has been on fire this 2nd half of the season.

A lot of top sides are interested in him, I am fairly certain he will be top class player

Wonder if selling “the project” would be enough of a draw.

1 hour ago, Funtime Frankie said:

He looks really promising.

However, our goalkeeping department needs work, we have lengthy injuries in defence and still look short of quality on the right wing. 

We probably need a striker, definitely if Wilson is off, but in not sure it'd be smart blowing a significant chunk of our budget on a forward who isn't a guaranteed starter. That's before considering the wages we'd need to commit to have a chance of landing ahead of Champions League regulars.

In a world free of PSR it's a no brainer, but unless we're flogging Bruno it seems a bit of non-starter given the needs of the squad.

15 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'd say at £56 million it's anything but a no brainer.

With FFP I'm not even sure if £5.6m is a no brainer.

20 hours ago, nufc123 said:

Nothing new. Douglas saying Mamardashvili, Tosin, Olise, Neto and Sesko (If we can shift players) on list.

Would be a truly exceptional window.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

They've just offered him a new contract. Trying to tempt him to stay another year.

Believe they can extract more in 12 months :lol:

On 18/05/2024 at 10:17, Matt1892 said:

Kelly isn’t a poor footballer and is an upgrade on Targett and Burn in the left back position. 

Stats show otherwise considerably.

He would also be a centre back playing left back like Burn, except without the height, and with similar pace.

Sesko will probably go to fucking Chelsea/Beekeper I’d guess. Unless they can afford Osimhen. I guess they could always sell something like a cup of tea for 200m. 

Just now, Ikon said:

Sesko will probably go to fucking Chelsea/Beekeper I’d guess. Unless they can afford Osimhen. I guess they could always sell something like a cup of tea for 200m. 

I think Arsenal looks nailed on, only way we get Sesko is if Isak goes which is a shame as I think he’s going to be the real deal.

Big money looks likely to go on one of Neto, Gibbs-White, Olise or Williams I reckon, still wouldn’t be surprised if Wilson is here next season.

31 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

He would also be a centre back playing left back like Burn, except without the height, and with similar pace.

If you've never seen the guy play, you really don't have to comment. My God man.

How in the world does Kelly have similar pace to Dan Burn?!

34 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

Evidence you have not watched Kelly at all.

34 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

Similar pace to Burn ??

28 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

Stats can be deceiving but I’ve watched quite a few Bournemouth away games live as they are easy to get tickets for, so that is what I am basing it off.

He is a centre back that plays left back but that seems to be what Howe prefers, so it makes sense.

I am not sure where you get that he has similar pace to burn from as he is significantly quicker, he is also composed on the ball and probably better on in the air than Burn despite being shorter. 

For whatever reason a section of the Bournemouth fans give him grief and go completely overboard with any sort of stray pass, yet when Adam Smith does it on the other side there isn’t a reaction. They also give Kerkez grief too for the same thing.

So I wouldn’t read too much in to stats, especially as this would be the second time Howe has signed him so it won’t be a case of him not knowing what he is getting.

2 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Stats can be deceiving but I’ve watched quite a few Bournemouth away games live as they are easy to get tickets for, so that is what I am basing it off.

He is a centre back that plays left back but that seems to be what Howe prefers, so it makes sense.

I am not sure where you get that he has similar pace to burn from as he is significantly quicker, he is also composed on the ball and probably better on in the air than Burn despite being shorter. 

For whatever reason a section of the Bournemouth fans give him grief and go completely overboard with any sort of stray pass, yet when Adam Smith does it on the other side there isn’t a reaction. They also give Kerkez grief too for the same thing.

So I wouldn’t read too much in to stats, especially as this would be the second time Howe has signed him so it won’t be a case of him not knowing what he is getting.

I don't like the signing whatsoever. He's Paul Dummett MKII.

Mateta would be a great replacement if Wilson goes, looks a proper finisher when paired with a couple of pacey wingers. Think he’d cost more than we’d want to spend on a back up striker though. 

Maybe if Friedman gets DOF he can sort a solid deal for us…