NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Posted (edited)

They're clearly valued for their off the pitch contribution to the team guess basically as coaching staff they can run out on pitch in fixtures when stretched, I will judge the ambition on the rest of the window

Edited by Tiresias

I guess they're two players we'd be happy not to be able to register if the right signings become available. Bit weird how they've been specifically called out though, although I assume a journo has gone fishing to create some sort of narrative.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Doesn't exactly demonstrate a confidence in any of the U21s

Apart from Alex Murphy, I don't remember hearing anything positive about any of them.

If that happens, then it screams it's going to be a really tough Summer from a FFP point of view. No way we keep both of them if we have headroom to spend. 

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:
3 minutes ago, 54 said:

People love calling out an over reaction like :lol: 

Cool story bro.

I fear the phrase ‘There’s a rabbit off…”  is going to be so appropriate to the rumour mill this summer. Hares set racing (…) across the online meadows with little or no truth to the running rumours. 

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Apart from Alex Murphy, I don't remember hearing anything positive about any of them.

I’d see Murphy having a loan at a decent level next season or being trusted like Quansah at Liverpool to step in and step up via European football. Conference League is ideal if City can do Brexit Jim’s gang on Saturday.

Quansah did a 16 game loan to Bristol Rovers in League One last year, so the potential trajectory is clear.

On Dummett and Ritchie I’d ideally rather so both go but unfortunately PSR handcuffs mean we’ll keep

at least one - would probably see Ritchie go or transition to pure coaching staff. I loved his goal v Bournemouth but Dummett helps us more with homegrown requirements.

There’s absolutely zero point to that, would far rather have academy prospects on the bench than either of those two, they’ve had enough wages out of the club for not playing 

Posted (edited)

Dummett kind of makes sense if you keep him around purely for a European squad on very low wages. With homegrown rules it's an extra player you otherwise just won't have as we'll just have to name a smaller squad in that competition. It differs from the PL because you can't just include the recently purchased U21 players (e.g. Harrison, Sanusi etc) as they won't count as locally grown yet. It's why we had such dramatically restricted subs benches in the CL this year during the injury crisis.

However I think we could really do with just clearing the decks at this point, even symbolically. 

Edited by ponsaelius

I'm not one to second guess Eddie so I'm neutral, borderline ambivalent, to decisions over the likes of Dummett and Ritchie. I will hazard a guess Bruno, Isak and Gordon ain't going anywhere, tho. Add Tonali, our 2 wonder kid full backs, the 2 Joes and a couple of upgrades to RW & CB then I'm cool with it. 

I get the argument about binning them off for Academy players but they, as a team, haven't pulled any trees up this year. 

True a few have fringed the bench but beyond Miley, Murphy, White and Harrison, what's there? 

I think we have to look at how it affects the squad numbers as a whole, it could give us an indication as to how many players we're looking to bring in.

Add Dummett and Richie to the players you'd hope would be locked in for next season;

Pope, Gillespie

Trippier, Tino, Schar, Botman, Burn, Lascelles, Krafth, Dummett

Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Anderson

Gordon, Barnes, Murphy, Richie

Isak

I've left out Dubravka, Almiron & Wilson as potential sales. 

Miley and Hall I think wouldn't have to be registered. That's 21, with three (?) homegrown in Dummett, Longstaff and Anderson so our European squad is capped at 24 as I understand it so we have room for three incoming if Dubravka, Almiron and Wilson all go, one of which you'd think would have to be a keeper.

We have to register Hall. Players under 21 have to have done at least 2 years with the club if I remember correctly. So pretty much only Alex Murphy can come in without being part of the 25 since Hall, Hernes, Sanusi, Shahar, Minteh and Harrison all got bought in within the last year. 

Might get away with not registering Lascelles & Botman until the January registration if they are going to be out until then 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

People love an over reaction like :lol: 

But whats the point? They are only good enough to come on the last 5-10 minutes.

Is Hall the number 1 left back now? Because for all the Tosin, Kelly, Olise, *Striker talk, if Burn is still starting at LB we've got issues.

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Is Hall the number 1 left back now? Because for all the Tosin, Kelly, Olise, *Striker talk, if Burn is still starting at LB we've got issues.

I would assume Hall will be number 1 moving forward. Him and Kelly rotating next year Burn emergency backup is a good place to be in

5 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Id be very disappointed if Hall lost out come August mind. Unless we get one of the Milan left backs obviously

20 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Hall is 100% starting next season, can’t see any other possibility now. 

Taking into account Burns last few games at LB, how much better he's done at CB while Hall has taken his chance to impress at LB with flying colors I should be 100%.

Howe fucking loves Dan at LB though :lol: I won't allow myself to assume LB is Hall's place to lose from now on until I see a starting line-up beginning of next season chosen from a squad with plenty of injury free players in all positions, and Hall starting.