NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

The Ramsdale links make far more sense if we're trying to get him on the cheap. That fits our MO. Can't see us agreeing a deal <£20m though.

Having a ball playing goalkeeper really makes so much sense.

The Brentford goalkeeper was so good at passing it around, and Pope the opposite hoofing the ball back to them.

I like the idea of a shot stopper like Pope. He made another unbelievable save. Really, world class. 

Just wish he could pass 2m

4 minutes ago, arnonel said:

The Brentford goalkeeper was so good at passing it around, and Pope the opposite hoofing the ball back to them.

I like the idea of a shot stopper like Pope. He made another unbelievable save. Really, world class. 

Aye and the brentford keeper was at fault for 2 of our goals cos he was shit with actually saving the ball

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, arnonel said:

It's been said plenty on here.  But to get a keeper as good as Pope, that is also good with his feet, isn't going to be cheap.

For all that Flekken can ping it about.  I thought he was poor for the Murphy goal.  It was a great pass from Isak, but he got caught in no man's land and originally went for the ball and got nowhere near it.  He got hands to the Isak finish, possibly being a bit harsh there, but he could have saved it.  Then he was terrible for the 4th.  

So 3 goals out of 4 where I think he could be doing better.

Is this Valencia keeper amazing with his feet?  Not hard to be better than Pope at passing :lol:  But it should be a real upgrade if that's what we're looking for.  We know Ramsdale is, but he's also a bit of a clown show and no way is he a better 'keeper' than Pope. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Ramsdale is another waste of money. Pope is better. Newcastle made a fantastic transfer window in 2022, but then Howe started to make the market and acquire in the inflated English market. Howe wanted also Kelvin Philips, remember... Serius mistake when the manager make the market.

Rather have a keeper who can make saves over passing the ball. We've 10 other players who can pass, but only one person who can make a save.

I know it's not that simple, but being a good keeper is more important than being a good footballer. If you're both, then you are elite. 

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Aye and the brentford keeper was at fault for 2 of our goals cos he was shit with actually saving the ball

Didnt say he was a good keeper.

Both things can be true. He can be good with ball at his feet, and crap at everything else. Which he was.

Football has become an 11 man game.

The keeper can be an effective weapon in building attacks.

Equally, when we need to keep possession, doesn't help giving the opposition the ball back, time and time again.

Not saying I dont like Pope. There aren't that many better at shot stopping, but if I could wave a wand, I would hope he gets his passing at least to Burns level  :P

Just now, Dokko said:

Rather have a keeper who can make saves over passing the ball. We've 10 other players who can pass, but only one person who can make a save.

I know it's not that simple, but being a good keeper is more important than being a good footballer. If you're both, then you are elite. 

Gianluigi Buffon

Manuel Neuer

Iker Casillas

Oliver Kahn

Petr Cech

Peter Schmeichel

Edwin van der Sar

All not known for being good with the ball.

Just now, Slim said:

Gianluigi Buffon

Manuel Neuer

Iker Casillas

Oliver Kahn

Petr Cech

Peter Schmeichel

Edwin van der Sar

The game has moved on since the majority of those were at their peak. 

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Gianluigi Buffon

Manuel Neuer

Iker Casillas

Oliver Kahn

Petr Cech

Peter Schmeichel

Edwin van der Sar

Some there who were totally fine but from an era where it wasn't a thing. It's only recently it's been important, probably around rafa and reina.

14 minutes ago, arnonel said:

As a football fan im glad you like the idea of a goal keeper being shot stopper [emoji38].

Its kinda his main job. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Iraola rotates him and Kerkez most games at left back.

If you look at their games since the end of March where he missed a few games through injury he was sub, started, started, sub, started, sub, started, not in squad, started and sub.

Yeah hes been on off for large spells, but the last round he wasnt injured or on the bench. 

This was wrong. Delete.

Edited by nufc123

11 minutes ago, NG32 said:

As a football fan im glad you like the idea of a goal keeper being shot stopper [emoji38].

Its kinda his main job. 

image.thumb.png.91c0c6b3a4978d53541ba6f85d8b1645.png

16 minutes ago, NG32 said:

Its kinda his main job. 

Like a "defender"?

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I can’t see us signing Gallagher with Tonali coming back and re-signing Joelinton..

Yeah midfielder is surely bottom of list of priorities. We are fairly stacked in midfield unless someone is sold we have 7 players for 3 positions. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah midfielder is surely bottom of list of priorities. We are fairly stacked in midfield unless someone is sold we have 7 players for 3 positions. 

CB, (Tosin/Kelly) RW, back up striker, possibly a GK too now. 

Edited by PauloGeordio

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Cant see why we'd sign Ramsdale tbh. He's not better than Pope. 

They arnt the same, Ramsdales attributes would contribute more to our high line/press than Popes do. A keeper that is able with his feet is massive boost to our style.

Im getting the same vibes on here that we saw when we signed Pope, lots said why? Hes no better than Dubravka.

Edited by Nine