NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

DCL over Iheanacho all day every day for me like.  

Can’t remember the last time I saw Iheanacho look decent (*obviously I’ve only seen a very limited number of Leicester games this season).

If it were true we were accepting £15m for Longstaff, it tells me Howe really doesn't have any hope for his future. Which I'd see as a relief. Maybe the injuries really have clobbered him.

20 minutes ago, Dokko said:

£16m from KSA sounds a fair deal for a Euro International player at his peak. 

Nar I think he's worth Double that Arsenal and Spurs are getting rid of two players for nowt that cost £60million + each, no such thing as fair market value 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Wouldn’t be keen on either although I recognise that they’re back up. Agree that I’d take DCL over Iheanacho every time too

Do many PL teams have a better backup striker than DCL?

Appreciate it’s not binary as some teams don’t necessarily have players that are ‘back-up’ as such, and others could swap positions of certain players if required.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I winder if we're still looking at a more "inverted" right winger like Maddison or Szoboszlai? 

Gibbs-White could be a player like that?

1 hour ago, gdm said:

"Decison not expected on future till after Euros"

Teams be making sure theres no howlers like in 2021!! :lol:

37 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Gibbs-White could be a player like that?

Realistically you could get twice the player for half the transfer fee on the continent.

Would defo take Ihenacho on a free as our Wood replacement, especially now that we lost Tosin. 

If Wilson stays, Isak, Wilson, Ihenacho is a decent back up

Frees up Gordon for the wings where he is way better 

Would expect a top top class RW if we went cheap on the CF, and a high potential CB in addition to Kelly. 

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Realistically you could get twice the player for half the transfer fee on the continent.

Gibbs-White is quality. Who on the continent is twice the player of Gibbs-White and half the price?

Soule, Chiesa, Gonzalez, Tsygankov.

None of them would cost anywhere near the £60m quoted for Gibbs-White. We’ve got to set our sights higher than decent-good players from shit clubs for massive fees because they’re English.

Our "Star" signing in the 4 windows since the takeover

Bruno British

Isak British

Gordon scouse

Tonali British

Eddie's brexit mags etc etc

Zzzzzz

MGW is amazing, but he's more a "proper No. 10". Play him central and get your wingers and centre-forward to feed off his passes. If he's to play on our right, we need another runner outside of him. How many clubs play 10s as 10s nowadays?

10 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Soule, Chiesa, Gonzalez, Tsygankov.

None of them would cost anywhere near the £60m quoted for Gibbs-White. We’ve got to set our sights higher than decent-good players from shit clubs for massive fees because they’re English.

Well none of them are twice the player apart from Chiesa. Probably cheaper yes, but I think Gibbs-White is better than all apart from Chiesa. 

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

Our "Star" signing in the 4 windows since the takeover

Bruno British

Isak British

Gordon scouse

Tonali British

Eddie's brexit mags etc etc

Zzzzzz

Most scousers don't consider themselves British these days either. Can't wait to see tonali back mind, could be a huge boost

1 minute ago, Paulinho said:

Does feel like we’ve completely abandoned the Bruno/Botman/Isak model, none of which will have been driven by Howe.

How? Rumours in the press?

I'm sure similar was being said last summer then we signed Tonali.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

Does feel like we’ve completely abandoned the Bruno/Botman/Isak model, none of which will have been driven by Howe.

We bought Tonali last summer.

None of our signings are driven by Howe. The scouting team provide options, then Nickson, A. Howe, E. Howe, a director and previously Ashworth chop it up and decide the best option to pursue.

Edited by The Prophet

This idea that we have abandoned a model? What on Earth is that based upon? We couldn’t buy in January due to our financial situation so what evidence is there that we’re changing our model? And what is our model anyway? We look to buy young players who are only going to improve but have the potential to be one of the best in their position over the next five years. That’s true of people we buy from abroad or from the UK. Don’t understand why people are so desperate to try and read into things where there’s barely any evidence of it 

Serie A fans, what's Nicolas Gonzalez from Fiorentina like, and how much would he go for? See he's only got 2 years left on his deal, so will be signing up again or moved on.

I don't understand the negative spin regarding signing young British players. Livramento, Hall, Barnes and Gordon are quality. The technical ceiling of all of them is high, it's not like we're signing hatchet men from the Dog and Duck.

I understand British players often come at a premium and we may eventually need to start taking a risk or two on cheaper alternatives, but while the cash is there and we aren't overpaying, quality over quantity is fine.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't understand the negative spin regarding signing young British players. Livramento, Hall, Barnes and Gordon are quality. The technical ceiling of all of them is high, it's not like we're signing hatchet men from the Dog and Duck.

I understand British players often come at a premium and we may eventually need to start taking a risk or two on cheaper alternatives, but while the cash is there and we aren't overpaying, quality over quantity is fine.

I’d rather just sign for the best players we can for the money available. MG-W is absolutely not the best we can do and especially for £60m ish. It’s a Spurs signing that. No thanks.