NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

He turned down Chelsea last Summer just fyi, maybe he doesn't fancy going to that crazy club (of course I'm in the land of wishful thinking and trying to convince myself there's a small sweat we can get him :) )

Wow, impressed that we've gone in for him. And you know it's not the old Ashley "we tried" bollocks, we'll be genuinely trying to land him. Still reckon Chiesa ends up here, don't ask me why :lol:

1 minute ago, Ameritoon said:

Nice to see us trying as unlikely as it is

It's nice to take some home run swings, but I do hope we don't sit on our hands this summer expecting we have a real shot at him, and then need to ink Miggy a 5 year contract extension in August

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Do think this guy is unreal. Whoever signs him has got a class player for 60m. I'd cry if it's Chelsea like. 

Your budget is £50 million isn’t it? Sit this one out 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Minteh is nothing more than a potentially good player at this point and while that's great, "potentially good" isn't necessarily going to get us back into the champions league.

While you can all sit here and say Minteh is 100% better than Miggy or Murphy, the reality is that there is no real substance behind that claim.

Of course from a pure technical perspective, he looks the part but we are all grown ups here right? Football is about way more than just someone's technical skill level. We've seen countless talents fail to make the grade because their attitude or application is poor.  I'm not saying for a second this applies to Minteh... I doubt even Howe truly knows.

What is truly known, is that we need money from player trading and if we get someone come knocking with significant money, you can't blame the club in seeing the value in selling.

If you were in their position and you KNEW that 25m for Minteh would finance two key signings... say a CB and a more established RW, are you saying you wouldn't do the deal?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, I've no idea about how good he is or can be but then I'm not the one who's neck is on the line if I make the incorrect call.

You’d expect the club to know his attitude or application level though? FWIW it’s gathered nothing but praise from his manager at Feyenoord, and that part of his game has been clearly and abundantly visible by anyone who’s taken the time to see him play. I’d have very little concerns about the mental side of his game. Whether he’s ready to step it up a level is another matter, and definitely one for the club to consider.

As for it being as simple as we know we need money for a first team RW, just as there are no guarantees that Minteh will turn out to be a world beater there is no guarantee that a more proven player from say Italy or France will adapt well to the PL and stay fit, so I don’t think your gamble vs sure thing juxtaposition works all that well.

Pre-season is only a few weeks away. I say let Eddie have a good look at him and then decide the best way forward. Unless someone offers way over the odds obviously, but to sell for a negligible profit when we may have out long term RW solution already on the books doesn’t seem particularly smart.

Pointless giving it any thought when Chelsea are involved. He'll obviously go there. They'll offer him the most money, he'll go straight into the team and he will be able to stay in London. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Pointless giving it any thought when Chelsea are involved. He'll obviously go there. They'll offer him the most money, he'll go straight into the team and and he will be able to stay in London. 

He’ll probably end up on their bench like, but aye, don’t think we have a realistic shot at this if Bayern and them lot are interested.

5 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

He’ll probably end up on their bench like, but aye, don’t think we have a realistic shot at this if Bayern and them lot are interested.

Straight shoot-out with Madueke isn't it? You'd think he'll probably oust him no bother, not that I don't rate Madueke.