NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, Holloway said:

always amazes e the speculative nature of these things,who gives a fuck if his house is up for sale, just let it play out we'll know soon enough either way

It's almost as if people want to move houses sometimes. Maybe hates the neighbours, maybe he wants an extra bedroom, maybe he took the first place available when he came here and has now found a home he wants, maybe he is leaving. Means absolutely bugger all.

Seem to recall Mourinho spent his entire time at Man U living in a hotel (whether that is true or not I don't know)

Long and short of it is that being involved in a football team is more often than not a transient job and people can and do frequently move. It's also a lot easier for them with almost unlimited funds to pick and choose a new house on a whim, while the rest of us peasants have to generally wait for someone to buy our place before we can even look at a new one

13 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Upamecano is not it. I'm sorry.

He may be “The dogs bollocks” or “bog standard”, it’s a gamble but as with the original Meccano, you pay the extra you probably get a better product. 
Or summat. 

12 hours ago, lovejoy said:

Trippier is away to Saudi as it stands.

Could change of course but as it is today, he’s a gonner.

Yep, heard this a while ago - tried to find a market for it - requested it on request a bet but they wouldn’t give me odds and I was raging and then remembered about his move to Atletico and what happened there ha ha! 

Edited by Paully

8 hours ago, gjohnson said:

It's almost as if people want to move houses sometimes. Maybe hates the neighbours, maybe he wants an extra bedroom, maybe he took the first place available when he came here and has now found a home he wants, maybe he is leaving. Means absolutely bugger all.

Seem to recall Mourinho spent his entire time at Man U living in a hotel (whether that is true or not I don't know)

Long and short of it is that being involved in a football team is more often than not a transient job and people can and do frequently move. It's also a lot easier for them with almost unlimited funds to pick and choose a new house on a whim, while the rest of us peasants have to generally wait for someone to buy our place before we can even look at a new one

He’s leaving 

There’s a load of people who normally get some decent titbits of information all saying he’s off. His general demeanour has been massively disengaged, compared to the previous two years. But if people want to stick their heads in the sand, so be it.

If his house is up for sale would appear a clear sign to me, unless he loves life up here would he building a new house with a year left on his contract, plausible if we’ve promised him a coaching role, but more likely he’ll go for one last big payday before he hangs up his boots.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Really rated Christensen before he went to Barcelona, not seen much of him since.

Was their best defender when they won LaLiga last season by all accounts .

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Does our rolling 3 year cycle re FFP reset on July 1st? If so does that mean we can go big? 

:tobey:

In short, no. Because of the amortisation of all the new players we’ve added, it’s not as simple as saying the £100m we put down for players that window becomes available for buying. We need to shed some amortised players or pure profit academy to give that type of headroom. Also have to factor in Lewis Hall coming in also comes out that pot.

We have 3 defenders in Trippier, Burn and Schar who are in the final year of their contract and it becomes difficult to balance with financial fair play and needing replacements eventually.

I can see Burn moving on in the next 12 months, possibly signing a new contract before moving on to Saudi next summer for a couple of years to pad out his pension. 

7 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

In short, no. Because of the amortisation of all the new players we’ve added, it’s not as simple as saying the £100m we put down for players that window becomes available for buying. We need to shed some amortised players or pure profit academy to give that type of headroom. Also have to factor in Lewis Hall coming in also comes out that pot.

Was surprised that we’re in for Olise around the £60mil. Thought it was a good indicator we can spend more than thought (although someone worked out maybe £100mil with some sales) if Zim tempering correctly. 

I don't believe a word of any ITK bullshit...

What makes me think he MIGHT leave, is that he's gone very quiet over the past few months, as if something has changed. I don't know if it's just me imagining things but always felt like he was front and centre.

Somewhere around the time he had a spat with that fan and it was rumoured he'd been a naughty boy at home, something about his demeanour has changed.

Again, could be entirely wrong, just a gut feeling. It also makes me wonder if the Bayern bid was because Tuchel had been told by Kane (who Trippier is good mates with), that Trippier is unsettled.

And just to add to my waffle, if the Saudis are going to offer him 300k or whatever and us 15m+, he's gone.

13 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Always seemed to tear us apart with ease

Slight downside that every other league team tends to tear him apart 

IF he was to go, and he's been excellent for us, now is probably the time tbf.

An England international player having played champions league football with us this season - his stock won't be much higher for long.

He left the England camp in November due a “personal matter”. The story kind of put out was that there’d been a burglary. I was categorically told there’d been no burglary and there was no press report to say there had been, thefts like that are usually confirmed.

One thing is for sure, he’s not been the same since and sad as it may be, he’d be an obvious choice to go. 

A couple of years in Saudi and if Eddie is still here bring him back in some capacity.

29 minutes ago, STM said:

I don't believe a word of any ITK bullshit...

What makes me think he MIGHT leave, is that he's gone very quiet over the past few months, as if something has changed. I don't know if it's just me imagining things but always felt like he was front and centre.

Somewhere around the time he had a spat with that fan and it was rumoured he'd been a naughty boy at home, something about his demeanour has changed.

Again, could be entirely wrong, just a gut feeling. It also makes me wonder if the Bayern bid was because Tuchel had been told by Kane (who Trippier is good mates with), that Trippier is unsettled.

And just to add to my waffle, if the Saudis are going to offer him 300k or whatever and us 15m+, he's gone.

You’re an odd one, like. Lovejoy has been on here forever and doesn’t just make up bullshit.