NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Kompany having the Bayern job gets wilder by the day.

Ā 

Probably one of the reasons he chose them!

Ā 

Kompany apparently has a great reputation with younger players.

36 minutes ago, Smal said:

Bayern will probably offer Palace Ā£20m or somethingĀ 

Given the claims about a CL release clause they probably have got a price that wasnā€™t available to NUFCĀ 

Can't begrudge Olise that move tbh, massive club with a mint tradition and history and he'll be unbelievable over there. Fair play to him, hope he smashes itĀ 

Ending up at Bayern has to be seen as a success for us, considering it could easily have been Chelsea or Man Utd. I'd have been really disappointed in him if he chose Chelsea because he's always seemed like a smart lad... he's better than them.

Ā 

So fair enough that it's Bayern. I actually thought we might've had a chance against them, such is the Premier League pull. And they've been slightly off the boil of late (Kompany manager, Trippier bid, Dier purchase, 3rd in Bundesliga).

Ā 

But we never really stood a chance of buying Olise. It was all about putting our name amongst the elite, a statement of intent.

I can't be mad at Olise picking Bayern, that's a great move for him, and progresses his career much more so than if he were to go to Chelsea.

Ā 

Williams please.