NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10 minutes ago, gdm said:

Sadly I can see us going back in 

If nobody is willing to pay £30m, I’d suggest taking the best offer they can get is just as plausible.

Don't think anyone would pay £30m for him, could see him going nearer the deadline for maybe £15-18m + add ons based around fitness/appearances.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Rocker said:

I don't know if it's because I'm approaching 40 (which is mental, considering I've been on this forum since I was 17), but I don't crave a transfer rumour or links etc anymore. I still get excited when we sign a player and I'll do all the research into his stats etc, but I dismiss all the elongated preamble of the pre-season, especially the early part of pre-season.

Saying that, I still log in everyday. [emoji38] :milner:

Yeah I'm there too. Could be age.

Used to put teletext/ceefax on and freeze the clubcall page that was page2 of some actual story at the bottom of the football page and only on for a few seconds just to decipher the bullshit bait in the headline even though you knew it was bollocks it was still juicy.

Find such links on X etc kinda boring now and most is as much of a scam as clubcall was, only interested in concrete stuff.

Edited by Jonas

24 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Don't think anyone would pay £30m for him, could see him going nearer the deadline for maybe £15-18m + add ons based around fitness/appearances.

I'd 100% snap their hands off for him around that like, I think people are really underrating him/forgetting how prolific he was in a good team with a good manager.

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I for one think £30m for a 27 year old backup/plan b striker who has a 1 in 2 record under a good manager is actually a really good deal (if he stayed fit)

Not when he's only got a year left before he's worth zero. Not against signing him, he's proven to be pretty efficient under a manager who is competent and has played really well in the past but £30m is way, way too high at this point. Drive the price down to about 15 and it becomes a decent deal 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd 100% snap their hands off for him around that like, I think people are really underrating him/forgetting how prolific he was in a good team with a good manager.

Oh aye I'd be delighted if we got him for that kind of price, his goal record is very good. Possibly I've undersold him a little; could see him going low 20s with some kind of add-on, maybe. Don't see anyone paying 30 flat for him though given his contract status and patchy injury record.

6 minutes ago, midds said:

Not when he's only got a year left before he's worth zero. Not against signing him, he's proven to be pretty efficient under a manager who is competent and has played really well in the past but £30m is way, way too high at this point. Drive the price down to about 15 and it becomes a decent deal 

Think anything sub £20m would be amazing tbh, though agree that £30m probably is too high with a year left.

2 hours ago, Weezertron said:

My Canadian mate reckons David is a tad slow, but is excited that he may move to the prem. 

#boringmilner

He is absolutely not slow. That's bad information lol

He isn't a Gordon cover every blade of grass type player and picks his moments. His movement and link up play is generally outstanding. 

The possibility of us getting DCL in preference to David genuinely makes me weep. I have strong doubts David would end up here though, too many CL clubs are interested. I think the talk of him staying at lille yet another year is also just talk to keep the price tag up. He has to leave. It's been 3 years of not a big enough offer coming in. He had a great season again too.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I for one think £30m for a 27 year old backup/plan b striker who has a 1 in 2 record under a good manager is actually a really good deal (if he stayed fit)

It would be reasonable if he wasn't 12 months from his contract ending and obviously not signing a new one. 

Smaller fee (£15M-20M) with clauses based on appearances and maybe league finishing position in the coming season would be okay with me.

5 hours ago, Nucasol said:

PSG had been linked - over £210m world record fee.

barca are a shit show but protect that boy at all costs. 

It was rumoured we didn't sign him because of wage demands, I said at the time he must be a heed the ball to turn us down and stay at Everton. Must of thought other teams would stump up the cash and wages. 

7 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Depends if he can even produce anything like that season again. Nothing he has done before or after suggests that. Waste of money. We have more pressing issues and should aim for a young backup at ST.

Just on Bowen but he's started 30 league games in 7 straight seasons. Availability is the best ability and all that. The fee will be very big, but his injury record on top of his league record make it about as low risk as they come.

vs. Arsenal 4G 2A in 10 games, vs. Liverpool 3G 3A in 10 games, vs. Man City 2G 0A in 9 games, vs. Chelsea 1G 3A in 10 games. That's a superb record considering West Ham lost 2/3 of those games and won't have had much of the ball. If he fits our system, which is the crucial question, I wouldn't baulk at a perceived 25m premium over someone else or worry about resale value. If money is there I'd buy him.

It is probably a smokescreen, but Botman was signed after a lengthy and public pursuit, so they don't all come out of the blue.

23 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Aren't they all meeting at Alnwick castle on Friday? I think we will start seeing inroads happening from next week.

Realistically- always a soft period during the Euros and Copa. If you look at some of the names - Bowen, Gonzales at Fiorentina, David - they’ve all been away at these or on holiday. Agree it’ll dial up now the last games are done on Sunday/Monday.

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Aren't they all meeting at Alnwick castle on Friday? I think we will start seeing inroads happening from next week.

That news if from a pretty poor journalist/ITK so not sure it’s true.

I've been convinced for a while now that he will be signing for us and I'm also OK with that, if the fee is low enough.