NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He was brilliant for Leeds in the prem, not seen much of him last season. Not sure he’s the top RW we need, but I wouldn’t be unhappy with his signing.

If he's the winger signing then I'd assume we are going to opt to start both Barnes and Gordon.

From that tweet, it seems he'd be more of the young versatile forward signing, that can play across the front three.

Be interesting to see which scenario it is.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

If he's the winger signing then I'd assume we are going to opt to start both Barnes and Gordon.

From that tweet, it seems he'd be more of the young versatile forward signing, that can play across the front three.

Be interesting to see which scenario it is.

Him and a RW on top of that gives us good depth imo.

Gnonto would be underwhelming imo. 

went on strike at Leeds too after relegation and had to go back and apologise when he didn’t get a move 

Edited by gdm

45 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

From the Douglas article:

i has been told that recruitment meetings will be held in Germany this week with Newcastle, fresh from their Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR) fire sale, armed with a substantial budget to bring in the right forward, striker and centre-back that represent an absolute minimum for them this summer

does he think he's Ali G or something?

7 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Gnonto is a good replacement for Miggy, slight upgrade there with a lot of potential. We're fucked if he's the RW purple though.

I'm growing increasingly suspicious we might see Barnes and Gordon out wide in the first team, with someone like Gnonto coming in as higher quality depth.

With all of this PSR drama, I wouldn't be surprised to see us try to move a bit more cautiously going forward now.

It's what a lot of people on here were already saying we should have done previously, so we didn't have to sell Minteh, and so don't think we should be surprised if we start to see that.

Absolutely zero chance I’d play Gordon anywhere but on the left unless it’s an absolute emergency. He is at his best there and that’s where he feels most comfortable and prefers to play! 

Gnonto is primarily left winger, he only plays on the right as Summerville is a better player than him down the left.

Would be worth a gamble if we could pick him up cheap but if he is our main signing at RW then that is about as underwhelming as you can get.

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Gnonto is primarily left winger, he only plays on the right as Summerville is a better player than him down the left.

Would be worth a gamble if we could pick him up cheap but if he is our main signing at RW then that is about as underwhelming as you can get.

Not true. Played more as a right winger than a left winger.

18 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Gnonto is a good replacement for Miggy, slight upgrade there with a lot of potential. We're fucked if he's the RW purple though.

Agree. Not even near the quality we need to fight for the CL places.

Gnonto is still a bairn in footballing terms plenty to work with. Can play numerous positions across the front three he's quick talented. His height is his only downfall. Probably get him cheapish aswell. 

29 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not true. Played more as a right winger than a left winger.

It is true,  he's clearly a better player on the left than on the right but he couldn't play there last season as Summerville was the best player in the division

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It is true,  he's clearly a better player on the left than on the right but he couldn't play there last season as Summerville was the best player in the division

No it isn't true. He's played and been used more on the right in his career, and there is no difference in the production from either side.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wilfried-gnonto/leistungsdaten/spieler/627626