NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Zero said:

We might just buy a starting centre back (Silva) and that’s it.

What? Theres absolutely no suggestion from any one any where that we’ll only buy a centre half :lol: we are clearly targeting a winger and a forward 

this place is bonkers 

Edited by gdm

Frustrating but I do wonder if we'll have to play the waiting game for our RW.

If we intend to shop at the top end of the market, it'll be players that may want to see if better offers materialise. It's happened already with Olise, Nico Williams also seems to be out of reach. I'd imagine both were high on our list.

Ultimately though, only a certain number of better positioned clubs are going to be in the market for these players. Are we likely to get an Olmo or Simons? No, but they're not completely pie in the sky either IMO and if we think there's a chance waiting for them rather than pouncing on someone like Mbuemo just because we can get him now is the right move.

27 minutes ago, gdm said:

What? Theres absolutely no suggestion from any one any where that we’ll only buy a centre half :lol:

thid place is bonkers 

I doubt we would sign a RW before we are able to sell Almiron

34 minutes ago, gdm said:

What? Theres absolutely no suggestion from any one any where that we’ll only buy a centre half :lol: we are clearly targeting a winger and a forward 

this place is bonkers 

I would say we are clearly after CB and RW. Striker if Wilson leaves.

1 minute ago, nufcjmc said:

Guess work like everyone else bit think they would love to find 1 player only to play up top as cover or as RW. As others have wondered if it's wilson going depends on if it's 2 players or just 1 versatile one.

I think we need a first choice RW. Even with no outgoings it's a very clear, massive hole in our squad in terms of quality.

Think the ideal scenario is we sell Wilson and Almiron and then bring in one player who covers both of them as backups.

Gordon - Isak - New RW as the starting three.

Barnes and the versatile forward as primary reserves and rotation options. Murphy as a backup, we also have the option to play Joelinton LW if needed.

Wilson and Almiron staying would negate the need for the versatile backup but it'll be out last chance to get money for them and if we bring in a versatile young player that's a much better long term asset.

Just now, Shak said:

I think we need a first choice RW. Even with no outgoings it's a very clear, massive hole in our squad in terms of quality.

Think the ideal scenario is we sell Wilson and Almiron and then bring in one player who covers both of them as backups.

Gordon - Isak - New RW as the starting three.

Barnes and the versatile forward as primary reserves and rotation options. Murphy as a backup, we also have the option to play Joelinton LW if needed.

Wilson and Almiron staying would negate the need for the versatile backup but it'll be out last chance to get money for them and if we bring in a versatile young player that's a much better long term asset.

Certainly last chance for wilson who is in his final year unless we kick the can down the road again and offer a year extension.

Off topic I know but looking ahead to next summer they all won't get let go but next summer a fair few currently out of contract the lack of European football is a double edged sword as its less games so concentrate on the league but also less clamouring to fill out the squad as less compacted fixture list. Hard to know how to balance it all really which is why I think i can see why they would go for a versatile forward playing player like Gordan over a dedicated RW. 

If a RW comes in, as is the plan, then one of Murphy and Almiron has to go really as without Europe there just won’t be the game time for 3. Almiron has the value so financially that one makes sense, but if it’s gets to September and Almiron is staying then it could be Murphy instead just to trim the squad numbers

Why can’t we afford Williams wage? What’s Bruno on? £180k mark? 

Wiliams has just won Euros being an important player, think wages of that with bonuses to take it to £250k would be valid and fair if we saw him as a legit talent to spearhead us to next level for next 5 years.

It’s a gamble in terms of finances for me that would better than a gamble on number of squad players. I know Man City likely cheated the books, but they spent big wages on Yaya after finishing 5th. That Man City transfer spend between summer 2010 to summer 2011 is the levels we need to be doing this summer and next IMO if we are to take a stride forward. Which is established talent sprinkled in with big prospects at clubs just below the elite.

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

We probably can afford his wage, it's just I'd imagine we could likely get blown out of the water and trumped by other clubs with that they can offer. Like Bayern & Olise.

Just now, Sibierski said:

Wiliams has just won Euros being an important player, think wages of that with bonuses to take it to £250k would be valid and fair if we saw him as a legit talent to spearhead us to next level for next 5 years.

It’s a gamble in terms of finances for me that would better than a gamble on number of squad players. I know Man City likely cheated the books, but they spent big wages on Yaya after finishing 5th. That Man City transfer spend between summer 2010 to summer 2011 is the levels we need to be doing this summer and next IMO if we are to take a stride forward. Which is established talent sprinkled in with big prospects at clubs just below the elite.

It's not the cost of a single player though much like wages it's the knock on affect of the other Star players in the squad. Once you say break the 200k barrier the other players who come on board or are due for renewal see that and want it too. Similar to what happened when we bumped up bruno and joelinton wanted it to. 

Gonna happen eventually but do you start paying that when you get there or to get there? We aren't a main stay champions league side which is what I think these types of players are. 

We cannot offer Williams 250k a week if our best player is on 180k a week. Problem is not can we afford or not, but it doesnt make sense. 

Everyone should forget these Williams/Olmo etc names that played well in Euros. Our targets have been identified long ago. 

39 minutes ago, Fak said:

We probably can afford his wage, it's just I'd imagine we could likely get blown out of the water and trumped by other clubs with that they can offer. Like Bayern & Olise.

Yep. waste of time even talking about players like Williams. Every top club in the world will be in for him, and sadly we aren't there yet.

Why do a lot of yous turn your noses up at good players with massive potential like gnonto mbuemo etc. 😂 

We can't afford the best of the best and if we could we can't pay them the wages so we go after promising targets who could become stars like flash for a fair amount of cash. 

Until our commercial income gets a lot better that will be our level when buying. 

Edited by andycap

4 minutes ago, andycap said:

Why do a lot of yous turn your noses up at good players with massive potential like gnonto mbuemo etc. 😂 

We can't afford the best of the best and if we could we can't pay them the wages so we go after promising targets who could become stars like flash for a fair amount of cash. 

Until our commercial income gets a lot better that will be our level when buying. 

Seems to be the default setting.

Until they come in and do well.

And then starts the worrying about them leaving.