NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

39 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Schar and Burn will be 33 by the end of the season, the only fit alternative at the minute is Kelly. We we'd be taking a huge gamble not going for a defender now. 

And even Kelly isn’t fit at the minute.

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Bloody shame if scousers get Ederson had him down as a dark horse signing this summer especially if Longstaff  goes.

I think we only ever scouted Ederson as a potential replacement for Big Joe, in case he didn't sign his contract.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think we only ever scouted Ederson as a potential replacement for Big Joe, in case he didn't sign his contract.

You can never have too many big Joes. 

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Wrong, if you have 11 then you're playing one as a number 9 which we all know is plain dumb

Could put him on the bench incase one of the other 10 get injured. 

56 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Schar and Burn will be 33 by the end of the season, the only fit alternative at the minute is Kelly. We we'd be taking a huge gamble not going for a defender now. 

V true, not having proper CBs can totally wreck a side (and a season)

IMO it’s the most important transfer to get done. RW is the teams biggest weakness, but you can get away with a weak RW, whereas playing players out of position at CB can absolutely sink teams.

1 hour ago, Solitude20 said:

Burn and Kelly shouldn’t play as LBs in my humble opinion

Wish people would stop comparing Kelly to Burn at left back.

You couldn't have watched him play there to make this kind of statement. And so why?!

Would be like complaining about Nathan Ake playing at left back.

36 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not trying to force it, he did well when given a chance last season. He’s also playing a full part in pre season. We should be getting Burn out the side imo. Kelly CB next to Schar, Hall LB.

Burn has been brilliant at centre back and has a really good partnership with Schar.

It would be forcing it, dropping him for Lewis Hall man.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Burn has been brilliant at centre back and has a really good partnership with Schar.

It would be forcing it, dropping him for Lewis Hall man.

I’m more saying Hall doesn’t deserve to be dropped tbh. I don’t think he will be either.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’m more saying Hall doesn’t deserve to be dropped tbh. I don’t think he will be either.

Would go against Howe’s golden rule of only dropping people when they don’t perform 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

But then why would he drop Burn then?

If you go back to when we signed Hall, he was spoken about as one for the future. 

He's 19 and has had a nice showing at season's end filling in for injuries, which was great.

I don't think this makes him a starter over far more experienced players that aren't scrubs.

We'll see what happens, but can't help but think the kid is being setup to fail. Not sure what the hurry with him is. 

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

But then why would he drop Burn then?

If you go back to when we signed Hall, he was spoken about as one for the future. 

He's 19 and has had a nice showing at season's end filling in for injuries, which was great.

I don't think this makes him a starter over far more experienced players that aren't scrubs.

We'll see what happens, but can't help but think the kid is being setup to fail. Not sure what the hurry with him is. 

I dont have the answer, but isnt dropping him after player of the month award a setup to fail? He doesnt deserve to be dropped at all.

14 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I dont have the answer, but isnt dropping him after player of the month award a setup to fail? He doesnt deserve to be dropped at all.

No it isn't. He's a young player that came in and covered due to injuries, as is his role at the minute.

I am not as convinced of him defensively for him to be a starter going forward, with far more experienced and better defenders at that position available.

The sad thing about all this is should he start there and make some errors at the back, people will be on his back straight away.

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The sad thing about all this is should he start there and make some errors at the back, people will be on his back straight away.

With some of our fanbase that would apply to any player!

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

To be fair I think Hall will get quite abit more leeway from the fanbase than Dan Burn gets.

3 hours ago, janpawel said:

Discraceful what Chelsea have done to Chalobah, just read he's been their since he was 8 and Is contracted till 2028

I wouldn't want him as our no.1 right centre back, but think he'd be great as a CB in a 3, which we don't play, or a RB who acts as the third CB in possession 

Though imagine he's on canny wages since he's at Chelsea 

I actually thought he did alright when he played last season 

1 hour ago, Weezertron said:

Please no more round pegs in square holes. 

Play the LB in LB, CB in CB etc unless injuries don't allow it. 

Left backs dont play left back for the top teams anymore though

Ake Gomez Kiwior etc..Calafiori probably play there next season for Arsenal

Edited by jack j

3 hours ago, Weezertron said:

Please no more round pegs in square holes. 

Play the LB in LB, CB in CB etc unless injuries don't allow it. 

Is Hall a LB then ? Says himself he's played more in midfield, wing back and left of 3 at the back and he's having tll9 learn the position.

I simply think Schar, Botman, Lacelles and Burn, and in fact Kelly as well, all looks like unable to play over 50% games this season. All are injury prone, or simply too old.

If we dont sign a new CB I’m afraid we really need to play youth player for a few games this season.

Hall as starting and Targett as backup for LB is fine. It’s the RB position that lack cover (if Trippier is going to mid east)

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I simply think Schar, Botman, Lacelles and Burn, and in fact Kelly as well, all looks like unable to play over 50% games this season. All are injury prone, or simply too old.

If we dont sign a new CB I’m afraid we really need to play youth player for a few games this season.

Hall as starting and Targett as backup for LB is fine. It’s the RB position that lack cover (if Trippier is going to mid east)

Emile Krafth is fine as backup to Livramento. Plus theres there youngin Shahar who is highly rated and could do an emergency job. Murphy can play there too.