NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Here's me thinking we're a mere 2 full seasons under the new ownership. Not that I'm forgetting the 6 months , prior, from when we were relegation fodder then embarked on top4 form to pull clear. 

4th place and Champions league the full season after. With a team full of, er what is it, "deadwood" etc etc

Last season, stretched to fuck with a monumental Cup fixture list AND unprecedented injuries. 9 points off Villa 😎

Yet here we are, chomping at the bit for some "top 4" players. 

Some bellends thinking a front line, versus Southampton, of Gordon/Isak/Murphy is "depressing" ffs 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Isak news dropping might the biggest transfer high I've ever had.

Shearer signing was amazing. Especially as no mobile phones and social media of any note. The phones at work going crazy with everyone and anyone asking if true or had I heard etc. KKs return as manager for second spell another one.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Isak news dropping might the biggest transfer high I've ever had.

Just read the first few pages of his thread off the back of this post.

Remember being in Disneyworld with the missis and kids at the time and suggesting we got in a 2 hour queue for a ride just so I could scroll through twitter :lol: 

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Shearer signing was amazing. Especially as no mobile phones and social media of any note. The phones at work going crazy with everyone and anyone asking if true or had I heard etc. KKs return as manager for second spell another one.

Said before, on here, we were caravaning in Galloway when we signed Shearer. I'd popped to the camp shop for a paper and it was the sports header. 

Went back to the caravan and we're sitting there having a bacon butty and I just said "I want to go home" 

Tbf she understood, or more likely wasn't enjoying the holiday anyway, but we nashed back home. 

Unhinged, desperate desire to be amongst the tribe, I guess. 

5 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Said before, on here, we were caravaning in Galloway when we signed Shearer. I'd popped to the camp shop for a paper and it was the sports header. 

Went back to the caravan and we're sitting there having a bacon butty and I just said "I want to go home" 

Tbf she understood, or more likely wasn't enjoying the holiday anyway, but we nashed back home. 

Unhinged, desperate desire to be amongst the tribe, I guess. 

We were in Kardemena (I've told the story before in here), what a couple of nights.

To my surprise, it does looks like the club, or the management, didn’t prepare the summer thoroughly. In other words, it seems like Ashworths work since January had not been taken up well by other management / staff

Iheanacho available on a free. I'd be tempted to go for that if Wilson is still hanging about this season. I cannot imagine another season with just Wilson and Isak as options up top.

Yes I know Gordon can (and maybe whoever we get at RW could) but we need those players in the positions they are best in, not filling in at ST out of necessity.

54 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Iheanacho available on a free. I'd be tempted to go for that if Wilson is still hanging about this season. I cannot imagine another season with just Wilson and Isak as options up top.

Yes I know Gordon can (and maybe whoever we get at RW could) but we need those players in the positions they are best in, not filling in at ST out of necessity.

I was unsold when this first got thrown about earlier in the summer but see some merit in it for cup games and late sub appearances if Wilson can’t be sold.

15 minutes ago, Magpie said:

What we thinking about these stories of Eddie supposedly blocking any move for Todibo after we've held talks??? 

I mean could well be absolute bullshit but slightly concerning if there's any truth in it surely. 

It’s probably bullshit and can be ignored. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s probably bullshit and can be ignored. 

Yes. Also Todibo, according to all reports, has his heart set on a move to Juve so realistically a non starter with that and the Ratcliffe factor coming into play.

3 hours ago, Zero said:

To my surprise, it does looks like the club, or the management, didn’t prepare the summer thoroughly. In other words, it seems like Ashworths work since January had not been taken up well by other management / staff

Ok so give us the details or is it just your opinion? You know , the fall back stance of so many of the so called fans on here?

3 hours ago, Zero said:

I guess that could be one interpretation, alternatively we don't know who on the list of "would like to leave if offered a few" we can ship and based on what Howe said around Jan time they plan with what and who they have so Dan being in the garden at that time won't slow them down. 

Also I assume when you hire a new sporting director who has his own contact book you might want his input on what a good fit might be. 

The work to identify where and where else if players have been sold has already taken place. 

It's slow and painful as fans as right now clubs are doing business especially manu, villa, Brighton  West ham, chelsea who may well he direct competition next season. I guess we can only judge at the end of the window. If they are more wild cards etc you may agree with Howe and only judge at the end of the season if what they did or didn't do worked. 

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The takeover announcement completely out of the blue was the biggest high for me

All of a sudden Mike Ashley would be a distant memory with droves of people flocking to the stadium to celebrate

That was immense. Real flashbulb memory of it, though, and not sure why, hearing that Keegan had replaced Ardiles as manager in 1992, still stands out as biggest moment for me. Loved the man and saw it as a sea change; the start of a new era. And to be fair it was (albeit temporarily) one hell of a time to be a Newcastle fan. 

1 hour ago, Magpie said:

What we thinking about these stories of Eddie supposedly blocking any move for Todibo after we've held talks??? 

I mean could well be absolute bullshit but slightly concerning if there's any truth in it surely. 

Where are these stories ? Only thing I saw was that Tobido only wants to go to Juve.

3 hours ago, Zero said:

A few journos have spoken about the need for a 'reset' after Mitchell was hired. Which makes sense, I guess then question is more, would it have been a better idea to get the window out the way then appoint Mitchell? Personally I think it's been done in (just about) enough time before the season starts/window closes. Think we will start to see stuff moving in the next few days.