NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

15 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

A few journos have spoken about the need for a 'reset' after Mitchell was hired. Which makes sense, I guess then question is more, would it have been a better idea to get the window out the way then appoint Mitchell? Personally I think it's been done in (just about) enough time before the season starts/window closes. Think we will start to see stuff moving in the next few days.

You may say I have taken the bad side to interpret what “reset” means, but if that’s the case, the possibility that Mitchell has disapproved (or at least, stalled) the original targets that have Howe’s approval, is very high. I mean if I am Howe, I would definitely tell the management who I want for the summer    as early as possible, so the management can act quickly and secure the target. There must have been a plan in place with Howe’s input already. 

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

What he’s saying is fairly logical tbf and Occam’s razor and all that, he’s probably right.

Logical but probably guess work. They’re not going to delay/compromise getting what we need, so maybe ‘reset’ is an overstatement. No doubt he’ll want to get started and prove his worth, but getting his fingerprints on targets will probably be more apparent in future windows. Doubt we’ll start with a blank page again given the work which will have been put in and the limited time available. 

Get turned over by Hull in a meaningless glorified training session pre season friendly, and I can see another late night crisis meeting held at the training ground,  that has been heavily upgraded, but still remains without a sponsor and not replaced, to discuss Adidas' efforts or there lackof so far 

26 minutes ago, Ben said:

Worst transfer window ever, VAR has sucked the life out of in-season football and PSR has sucked the life out of the off-season.

Understand the feeling in this. Plenty of time for it to be a good window still. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Was watching the celtic vs man city match early today and that kuhn for celtic looked really good quick looked to go on either foot. Played right wing. 

He was helped by that appalling performance by whoever was up against him at LB for Man City.

35m is mad considering he’s just back from a bad injury and is in terrible form. The fact that they think they have a better player lined up for 10-15m less is slightly annoying (if these reports are true). “Value from abroad” and all that…

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Get turned over by Hull in a meaningless glorified training session pre season friendly, and I can see another late night crisis meeting held at the training ground,  that has been heavily upgraded, but still remains without a sponsor and not replaced, to discuss Adidas' efforts or there lackof so far 

Dafuq you on about mate. What a fucking abomination of a sentence

#Gonzalez , offer of #Newcastle to #Fiorentina . It's still low, but it can go up

Nico, Newcastle offer. Lower than the 43 million that Brentford offered a year ago, but can go higher.

As reported by La Nazione , something is starting to move around Nico Gonzalez , especially from England.

Fiorentina has at least one offer on the table from the Premier League , delivered by Newcastle (who also seem interested in Kayode). The offer arrived via intermediaries a few days ago. The figure does not yet seem to be one that will make your wrists tremble, certainly less than the 43 million offered by Brentford twelve months ago .

But it is a starting point , also because the Magpies would like to sell Almiron (same role) to improve the offer for the Fiorentina player. The market around Nico is there and is moving. Small warning signs to take into consideration, also because the rest of the outgoing market seems to be dragging on.

The feeling is that, if an offer not too far from Brentford's twelve months ago were to arrive, Fiorentina would think about it seriously, the newspaper reiterates.

Edited by The Prophet

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

#Gonzalez , offer of #Newcastle to #Fiorentina . It's still low, but it can go up

Nico, Newcastle offer. Lower than the 43 million that Brentford offered a year ago, but can go higher.

As reported by La Nazione , something is starting to move around Nico Gonzalez , especially from England.

Fiorentina has at least one offer on the table from the Premier League , delivered by Newcastle (who also seem interested in Kayode). The offer arrived via intermediaries a few days ago. The figure does not yet seem to be one that will make your wrists tremble, certainly less than the 43 million offered by Brentford twelve months ago .

But it is a starting point , also because the Magpies would like to sell Almiron (same role) to improve the offer for the Fiorentina player. The market around Nico is there and is moving. Small warning signs to take into consideration, also because the rest of the outgoing market seems to be dragging on.

The feeling is that, if an offer not too far from Brentford's twelve months ago were to arrive, Fiorentina would think about it seriously, the newspaper reiterates.

Nice!

Need to get the wrist trembling offer in asap.