NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I feel like this dance has happened every single transfer window under this ownership where some of us lose our minds and in the end it turns out completely fine. I'm not worried, we've come out of every window stronger than we've gone in so far and this will be no exception.

4 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I feel like this dance has happened every single transfer window under this ownership where some of us lose our minds and in the end it turns out completely fine. I'm not worried, we've come out of every window stronger than we've gone in so far and this will be no exception.

My thoughts exactly. They'll be working on things behind the scenes. I'm sure we'd all love to have our targets in early doors, but it isn't as straightforward as that.

14 minutes ago, andycap said:

How do we Need to sell? 

Haven’t been reading this thread lately so not sure if I’m repeating stuff. But to me, it would be more a case of selling to create space in the squad. Rather than for funds. 

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Thiaw.

Nico Gonzalez.

Ivan Toney.

Would be a 8/10 window, just what we need. 

I think Toney is too established striker to be the backup especially without the extra Europe games and he wouldn’t come here due to Isak. Think it needs to be someone younger who doesn’t mind being the clear backup and if we can’t sell Wilson he’s filling that role which is fine.

16 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I feel the same. Jan aside when we couldn’t bring any one, the transfer windows under PIF have worked out well. We are very slow that’s nothing new. Last week I posted the dates of Isak, Barnes, Tino & Hall and they were all signed in August apart from Barnes who was late July. We’ve signed 4 players and sold two it’s not like nothing at all has happened 

Edited by gdm

Just now, Pata said:

I think Toney is too established striker to be the backup especially without the extra Europe games and he wouldn’t come here due to Isak. Think it needs to be someone younger who doesn’t mind being the clear backup and if we can’t sell Wilson he’s filling that role which is fine.

If he's to move up, that's his role though. He's fighting another guy, maybe more, to start. It's the same for his England career. 

He needs to show he can displace, or at least cause his manager a headache for starting, and Isak can play the wing, and I wouldn't be against 2 upfront in some games as well. Isak has injuries in him, he also goes missing a bit. There are plenty of moments to steal, and if his form is good, Howe doesn't drop in-form players.

I don't see a queue of suitors for him. This could make a lot of sense for all parties.

59 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Never seen him myself, always find these transfers a bit more exciting. Few games at international level, more games in Europe than most in our squad, would be coming from one of the biggest clubs in the world. Let's go.

Agreed. I like what I've seen of him.

Has some really good experience at a high level, and at a big club and is still so young for a centre back especially.

Lots of good physical and play style traits to work with and build on.

Schar is still likely to be the man on the right centre back side to start with too, and so he can be worked in gradually.

12 minutes ago, Pablo123 said:

My thoughts exactly. They'll be working on things behind the scenes. I'm sure we'd all love to have our targets in early doors, but it isn't as straightforward as that.

It is a little concerning. It feels like most of the clubs we are often competitive with from a transfer perspective (Villa, ManU, Chelsea, etc) have already done a lot of business. The silver lining of that is that these clubs will have less financial flexibility to be competitive and to hijack new targets that emerge.

24 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Apart from January just gone, confident we will be stronger this summer however.

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

I read somewhere the other day that Toney has also been asking for £250,000 a week, and this has affected the amount of interest that has been shown in him.

We’ve signed 4 players and will probably sign at max 3 more. Theres plenty of time to get 3 signings thru the door. If this was Ashley days I’d be concerned but it’ll happen in the next week or two I’m sure of it

Just now, KaKa said:

I read somewhere the other day that Toney has also been asking for £250,000 a week, and this has affected the amount of interest that has been shown in him.

Apparently Arsenal wanted him and met with him and were immediately put off by his personality.

3 minutes ago, Bellars said:

It is a little concerning. It feels like most of the clubs we are often competitive with from a transfer perspective (Villa, ManU, Chelsea, etc) have already done a lot of business. The silver lining of that is that these clubs will have less financial flexibility to be competitive and to hijack new targets that emerge.

In fairness I’m not sure any of the signings Villa or Chelsea have made would start for us. Not seen the lad Man Utd have signed play so can’t comment.

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m still not sure the elite RW we need is available for us this window tbh. Genuinely can’t think of a realistic option.

The RW doesn't have to be one that's played RW for his whole career with output, we need someone who can drift, play in pockets and just all round be a strong player in final third. Tino is a RB that will hit the byline all the time, so don't really need another body on RW that hugs the touchline.

MGW I maintain should be a buy.

28 minutes ago, andycap said:

How do we Need to sell? 

Because if we sign for example a RW, we then have 3 on the books. That is not reasonable in any way. If we sign a rumoured GK like Trafford, we of course need to sell Dubravka.

If we sign rumoured RB from Spain, we need to sell or we have something like 6 RBs on the books.

And then there are players like Lewis, Hayden and Fraser who needs to be sold for obvious reasons.

Refuse to believe that we're sitting on our hands and just playing kerby all summer. Just because we've heard little about players doesn't mean nothing is going on. The shit we went through to meet PSR a month ago would suggest we're in a position to spend reasonably big on 2 or 3 important players, ideally we get them in sooner rathe than later but if we need to leave it late to get the right player at the right price then so be it. People need to switch off a little and just let it play out, the daily angst on here is getting a bit tedious I must admit 

14 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If he's to move up, that's his role though. He's fighting another guy, maybe more, to start. It's the same for his England career. 

He needs to show he can displace, or at least cause his manager a headache for starting, and Isak can play the wing, and I wouldn't be against 2 upfront in some games as well. Isak has injuries in him, he also goes missing a bit. There are plenty of moments to steal, and if his form is good, Howe doesn't drop in-form players.

I don't see a queue of suitors for him. This could make a lot of sense for all parties.

I see him waiting for Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Spurs or even West Ham. None of those have anyone even close to as good as Isak is ahead of him and the extra games in Europe would guarantee minutes.

Edit. Forgot Zirkzee, think Man Utd are off the list.

Edited by Pata

17 minutes ago, Bellars said:

I just think with the backroom shuffle, its maybe slowed things down a touch. I'm not concerned; signing new players is very much like making love to a beautiful woman - you've got to take your time, you've got to make them feel special, and then you welcome them aboard...or something like that.

20 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Because if we sign for example a RW, we then have 3 on the books. That is not reasonable in any way. If we sign a rumoured GK like Trafford, we of course need to sell Dubravka.

If we sign rumoured RB from Spain, we need to sell or we have something like 6 RBs on the books.

And then there are players like Lewis, Hayden and Fraser who needs to be sold for obvious reasons.

It's not a need though is it? It's more a choose to sell.