NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

16 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I just don’t know how we’re in 2024, 3 years after the takeover and talking about (almost 30 year old) Jacob Murphy starting the first few games of the season on the right of a front 3. I don’t know if you can put it down to a lack of boldness, planning, ambition or whatever but in context of the clubs we’re trying to finish above its amateur hour. Same with Wilson still being 2nd choice striker. 

Because when the other option is someone who can't cross or assist.. then Murphy's positive contributions make him appear more valuable than he ever should be.

However as a backup to an improved rw signing.. I would be more than happy to keep him as a sub / reserve

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't think this will be the case come the end of the transfer window, but you have to admit that Murphy's made himself useful. 

Sure. Without him we’d be playing Almiron, which raises even more questions. Murphy has been a model pro and has contributed, but he absolutely shouldn’t be starting.

5 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Sure. Without him we’d be playing Almiron, which raises even more questions. Murphy has been a model pro and has contributed, but he absolutely shouldn’t be starting.

I genuinely think Howe prefers Almiron and Murphy to stay because they are willing to run like hell. Natural ability is not top priority.

So unless we could find someone who has similar work rate with more gifted ability, very likely we will start Almiron for the coming season again.