NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I would take Semenyo over Mbuemo.

Why?

I think there's some odd aversion on here to Mbeumo and not sure why

7 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I would take Semenyo over Mbuemo.

In the Pl I dont think we can buy much better than Mbeumo (realistic). Im not that a big fan either has to be said.

Edited by nufc123

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The new right winger that we'll be bringing in, and that has only been discussed the whole summer on here.

Is everything okay?

That the same geezer as we've been discussing the five previous transfer windows since the takeover. Good player him. Sadly never available.

I’d like Mbeumo, but I’m not sure what’s happening at Brentford. It seems unlikely they would sell both him and Toney, and it’s Toney they need to sell, but nothing is happening with him.

1 hour ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Reckon we could get Mbuemo for less than 40 m and he is a striker with decent prem stats?

No chance. Toney being sold this season and his (record buy) replacement (Thiago) injured until the new year.

Edited by LFEE

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

That the same geezer as we've been discussing the five previous transfer windows since the takeover. Good player him. Sadly never available.

Okay, but that's not the context under which any of these discussions are being had, regarding the right wing options.

It goes without saying that if no one comes in that it will be between Murphy and Almiron, if Gordon isn't used there.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Why?

I think there's some odd aversion on here to Mbeumo and not sure why

I think Semenyo is an all round better player and is genuinely 2 footed, he is a player that had ability but it was only last season he put it all together. He is quick, good link up play, can pick a pass and is good at beating players in tight spaces.

That isn’t to say Mbeumo isn’t a good footballer but I can see him being limited against teams who sit deep and don’t give up the type of space he will find on the counter for Brentford.

There probably isn’t much in terms of goals between them if you take out Mbeumo’s penalties.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

I think Semenyo is an all round better player and is genuinely 2 footed, he is a player that had ability but it was only last season he put it all together. He is quick, good link up play, can pick a pass and is good at beating players in tight spaces.

That isn’t to say Mbeumo isn’t a good footballer but I can see him being limited against teams who sit deep and don’t give up the type of space he will find on the counter for Brentford.

There probably isn’t much in terms of goals between them if you take out Mbeumo’s penalties.

:thup:

14 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Exactly. I'm sure we are actively looking for a RW but if it was that easy we'd have had one here long before now. All I said was that currently our RW options are Miggy and Murphy, and factually that's correct. Hopefully it won't stay that way, but it easily could.

7 minutes ago, andycap said:

Maybes flash. 

Would hate to see that, it would take away his goal threat IMO. Same goes for Barnes for that matter.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Would hate to see that, it would take away his goal threat IMO. Same goes for Barnes for that matter.

I know it's only pre-season but Murphy is showing you can be pretty prolific as a right-footer on the right. Gordon is the all-round better footballer for me and crosser, I think he'd be a fucking mint right-winger. Barnes is a 10+ goal scorer from LW and would have got that easily over the course of a season last year. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know it's only pre-season but Murphy is showing you can be pretty prolific as a right-footer on the right. Gordon is the all-round better footballer for me and crosser, I think he'd be a fucking mint right-winger. Barnes is a 10+ goal scorer from LW and would have got that easily over the course of a season last year. 

We all grew up watching wingers play on their strong side and be very effective scoring and assisting goals.

Not sure why it freaks people out so much nowadays.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think both Barnes and Gordon look much more threatening on the left, and I reckon with them both liking to cut in to shoot with their right, they both want to play left as well.

Murphy's a solid back up, but both him and Miggy lack genuine finishing ability and their assists record is patchy as well, even given Murphy has put in some fantastic crosses last season. I just don't think they are top level, they are back ups.

Madueke is/will be a 10+10 player in the PL, he is flashy, fast and young. Will only get better with a great training program.  

6 minutes ago, Sweee said:

Madueke is/will be a 10+10 player in the PL, he is flashy, fast and young. Will only get better with a great training program.  

Agreed. Is it true he's a bit of a tool?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I think most people are just making that assumption based on the penalty fiasco last season. Doesn’t mean it’s not true like.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

He tried to take a penalty instead of Palmer, another Chelsea did too. Just a silly mistake that young players make. There definitely isn’t enough info to say he fails the ‘no dickheads’ policy.

2 hours ago, andycap said:

If toney has got a Billy big bollocks attitude suitors maybe put off. 

I predict a move to Spurs with Levy leaving it late in the window. Liverpool my outside bet.

10 minutes ago, Sweee said:

I was a big fan from his PSV highlights in prev years but watching him for Chelsea more closely last season - he's incredibly selfish, seems to lack vision and he's not composed when shooting. That penalty incident although a small matter, showed him in very bad light imo. Very exciting dribbler tho, if he's motivated to improve under Eddie, it'll work out. Love Miggy but we really don't need much to see an improvement from this position. 

59 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I predict a move to Spurs with Levy leaving it late in the window. Liverpool my outside bet.

I’d absolutely go spurs as well