NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Ben said:

So we will only be signing young players from now on, Eddie's original plan of signing established players seems to be over.

Whatever gave you that idea?

The reality of our situation is that our revenue is so low that we cannot afford a much higher cost level than we currently have, so yes, buying established players without selling existing ones is out of the question unless the PSR rules are relaxed. I think we will look to get one or two first team players in this window, but to do that we will also have to sell this season.

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

So we will only be signing young players from now on, Eddie's original plan of signing established players seems to be over.

Haven’t we signed Lloyd Kelly literally this window?!

We were never signing an established centre forward, this is a perfect signing. 

Yes I can see two shocking out of the blue signings from here on in - one defo a RW, and the RCB to finally come in. 

Can see it being Antonio Silva or Diomande, someone we haven't really had the noise about but have been linked with. 

Can see Almiron finally go out, and potentially Trippier. 

19 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Whatever gave you that idea?

The reality of our situation is that our revenue is so low that we cannot afford a much higher cost level than we currently have, so yes, buying established players without selling existing ones is out of the question unless the PSR rules are relaxed. I think we will look to get one or two first team players in this window, but to do that we will also have to sell this season.

Agreed. 

If we buy now I think we are stuck looking low down the target list. You would think Trippier’s wages alone free up £5-7.5m.  

How often does Kudus play RW? Originally more of a central player isn’t he? The times I’ve seen him he’s been quite wide. No idea about his character but if it’s good I wouldn’t mind us breaking the bank for him and then get Thiaw or whoever in and call it a day. What would he cost? 75m? He might ask for ridiculous wages though. Hopefully PM can find a high quality gem that blossoms into a 70m+ player over the season. 

13 hours ago, Andy84 said:

One of the worst signings you could make under PSR, bloated fee with little to no sell on, high wages and long contract.  Strikes me as a player comfortable at Man Utd but doesn’t have the quality to go somewhere else and drag a team out the shite

It's not the worst signing for teams below the top tier. He's a solid enough player, nowhere near worth the £40m Man U are asking, but for £20m I suppose you could justify it for a team like Fulham or West Ham.

19 minutes ago, Ikon said:

How often does Kudus play RW? Originally more of a central player isn’t he? The times I’ve seen him he’s been quite wide. No idea about his character but if it’s good I wouldn’t mind us breaking the bank for him and then get Thiaw or whoever in and call it a day. What would he cost? 75m? He might ask for ridiculous wages though. Hopefully PM can find a high quality gem that blossoms into a 70m+ player over the season. 

Good shout, worth breaking the bank for, for sure. 

Does Miggy get sold this window? Are we waiting to close on a new RW before sending him to Saudi? Not improving that position would be a pretty big let down for me.  Thiaw would be a nice move backup and the future but I don't see him starting over Schär. 

50 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Kudus def was a force at RW there last season. Plays the 10, striker and LW too if I recall. I think he can even be an offensive 8 too. I’d break the bank for him. Unreal ball striker. 

59 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Think he's got quite a high release clause (£85m)...which I've just read expired end of June.

Dunno if that makes him more expensive or cheaper. 

19 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Wew, in first to ask if he can play RCB?

Imagine so. For Palace you have Anderson playing those long passes with his right foot, so he has to play on that side really. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Imagine so. For Palace you have Anderson playing those long passes with his right foot, so he has to play on that side really. 

Eh? He plays LCB for Palace hence Anderson doing what you said from RCB [emoji38]

As others have said though hes right footed so wont be an issue