NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

I watched a lad years ago choose a 10 horse race, he then texted 100 radom  people with 10 different winners of the race, as though he had inside info, of the 10 people that won 3 payed £10 to join his tipster club.

I wonder if that guy was Will

Two bids all of a sudden. I speculated they might be lining up all the deals at once to make sure the budget worked, so that might mean there is another one at RW as well about to break 

(Or it could mean Guehi and Osula are the only two targets and if they sign its all the business done…)

58 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

According to Football365… we’ve made an offer for:

IMG_8997.thumb.jpeg.cae4f3b1619d03baace3dcaa740f69b3.jpeg

first time in ages browsing on a desktop, at a glance at this post I thought your profile picture was a mug shot of the guy detailed above lol

F365 (terrible source) are saying the bid is £34m (not likely) and that we’re in a “battle” with Lazio. They get their info from a Spanish site. Just more nonsense from overseas journalists who go along with the “richest club in the world” stuff and link us to every player going. I’d file along with the Raphinha and Ferran Torres rubbish. 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

According to Football365… we’ve made an offer for:

IMG_8997.thumb.jpeg.cae4f3b1619d03baace3dcaa740f69b3.jpeg

Vitor Roque is the one that came through at Bruno's club in Brazil and looks up to him.

We were linked loads before Barcelona came in for him and ended that. And they have of course gone on to mess him about.

With all the links to Barca players this summer I did wonder if we might try again for him, as he has decided to move on, and they are ready to let him go.

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

first time in ages browsing on a desktop, at a glance at this post I thought your profile picture was a mug shot of the guy detailed above lol

Well that’s the real CJ, so it would possibly be a waste of dosh. Might still have as good a right foot as our fave Paraguayan!

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Vitor Roque is the one that came through at Bruno's club in Brazil and looks up to him.

We were linked loads before Barcelona came in for him and ended that. And they have of course gone on to mess him about.

With all the links to Barca players this summer I did wonder if we might try again for him, as he has decided to move on, and they are ready to let him go.

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Yeah, I read this. It's been a disaster. Barcelona forced things. Turned out he's not a Barca style technician, and is more suited to a direct style of play.

Funnily enough I was reading this article yesterday that using data actually had us down as the most suitable club for him to fit in, and compared him to Callum Wilson. Really interesting read.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/uk-premier-league/2024/08/newcastle-transfer-news-vitor-roque-perfect-callum-wilson-replacement

Edited by KaKa

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I read this. It's been a disaster. Barcelona forced things. Turned out he's not a Barca style technician, and is more suited to a direct style of play.

Funnily enough I was reading this article yesterday that using data actually had us down as the most suitable club for him to fit in, and compared him to Callum Wilson. Really interesting read.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/uk-premier-league/2024/08/newcastle-transfer-news-vitor-roque-perfect-callum-wilson-replacement

Interesting read. I thought this guy could play wide right as well but comes across as more of a poacher/traditional centre forward in the analysis. 

5 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Interesting read. I thought this guy could play wide right as well but comes across as more of a poacher/traditional centre forward in the analysis. 

Haven't seen enough of him to really know what he looks like out wide, but he has played some games out wide, moreso on the right, and he's described as being able to.

I get the impression it will probably be more as a direct wide forward type, rather than a tricky skillful winger.

Just now, KaKa said:

Haven't seen enough of him to really know what he looks like out wide, but he has played some games out wide, moreso on the right, and he's described as being able to.

I get the impression it will probably be more as a direct wide forward type, rather than a tricky skillful winger.

Like a Brazilian Gordon? :drool:

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Like a Brazilian Gordon? :drool:

Nah, not as good technically at this stage from what has been reported [emoji38]

The article @joeyt posted is a good read too, and gives some insight into where he's at.

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Roque is a massive Bruno fan isn’t he? 

Yes, wore his number and all.

Really looked like we were in with a chance at one point, but then Barca came in.