NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Transfer market: Newcastle have been investigating the situation of defender Luiz Felipe in recent days, formerly of Betis and Lazio and currently at Al-Ittihad in Saudi Arabia.

The English team likes the profile of the 27-year-old athlete and is considering taking further action. It is worth remembering that the clubs have the same owner, the Saudi Arabian Sovereign Fund.

The Brazilian naturalized Italian has a contract for two more seasons with Al-Ittihad.

We have generally bought very well last few years and have added a lot of quality. Still a bit to go but trust the transfers they make as maybe 1 miss with Wood but that was at a desperate time. Every other signing proving a hit, even Barnes, injury didn't help but you can see what he brings and style we play, he's a excellent player on form and will score fair few next season if stays fit. 

Dan Burn, excellent value for what he's offered last few years, no pace but fits in the team, leader at the club and pops up with odd goal.

Need to shift Almiron and Longstaff out or keep as squad players and we are a pretty good shout for 4th-6th. If we get Guehi that's as good a back 4 as any outside Man City and built to press towards midfield. 

51 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Am I? Started in summer 2022 mainly because I didn't want to inadvertently start a Chris Wood discussion again or a Dan Burn debate. But..

Targett loan - hit

Trippier - hit

Burn - hit for the price (no discussion allowed)

Wood - no rating to avoid debate

Bruno - hit of a lifetime

I'd say Dan Burn's been a big hit & doesn't need the for the price qualification IMO.