NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Urgh another goal and assist and no sign of a winger coming in

I’m no expert but the kid looks to have the lot and would have been tailor made for Howe the way he tracks back and has pace to burn.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting quote regarding something might become available. I thought this would be the window where we stuck to trying to get a CB and RW in, that quite suggest maybe not.

Guehi and Madueke on loan to buy whilst keeping all our best players + the others we've picked up would be a very good window for me.

Two key positions strengthened, a backup stiker and centre half giving us more depth too. 

Long way to go but we'll see

Chelsea are a shit club to judge a young player at. Happy with Madueke on the assumption that we're a lot less disjointed than they are and in turn Eddie can get more out of him. Bloke joined in Jan 23 and is already onto his 4th manager [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Guehi and Madueke coming in and none of our better players leaving would be a really progressive transfer window.

Yeah Guehi makes a huge impact on our defence and then we need another option for RW. I’d be happy with that what with Tonali coming back and the likes of Willock back fit too.

Madueke and Gordon know each other well too from U21 success.

Still would love MGW too, but that seems fanciful unless there was many outings, most notably a wild bid for Willock for example.

13 minutes ago, toon25 said:

We really need a RW like

Have done for ages, surprised how many seem far more relaxed about this. If you’d said to me a few years ago Murphy and Miggy would be our designated RW options going into the 24/25 season I’d have laughed nervously.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Chelsea are a shit club to judge a young player at. Happy with Madueke on the assumption that we're a lot less disjointed than they are and in turn Eddie can get more out of him. Bloke joined in Jan 23 and is already onto his 4th manager [emoji38]

This. Even before Bohley they managed to move on both Salah and De Bruyne [emoji38]. So on that basis, I'm happy to take a punt.

14 minutes ago, johnny36 said:

That says we have bid 15 million Euros plus variables for Torres..

Torres/ Madeuke or Kulusevski would improve us

15 million euros ? What would be the point bidding that low 😂

What’s everyone’s take on Torres out of interest? Obviously remember him scoring a load against us one game and the odd appearance for Man City. I recall him being homesick and him returning back to Spain fairly quickly. Not seen him play for Barcelona.

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Still would love MGW too, but that seems fanciful unless there was many outings, most notably a wild bid for Willock for example.

Maybe wait for Forrest to get relegated and pick him up cheaper.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

What’s everyone’s take on Torres out of interest? Obviously remember him scoring a load against us one game and the odd appearance for Man City. I recall him being homesick and him returning back to Spain fairly quickly. Not seen him play for Barcelona.

Would be happy but has flop vibes to me.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

I think Ferran Torres bares similarities with Harvey Barnes, in that he's not the typical modern day explosive winger who will go past defenders, but one whose game is founded on technique, high level awareness, subtlety and composed finishing.

Pau of Villa on the other hand is wildly overrated. 

I’m always a bit cautious about the idea when it comes to signing “cast offs” from the elite clubs. I’m just not sure if they still have the genuine hunger and desire after such a club. Usually come with massive wages as well. I’m sure there could be good signings made this way but I’d rather see us picking the absolute best players from lesser clubs. Tonali for example was different as he was a key player. Hypothetically someone like Raphinha would be great, but I just think that the perfect move for him would have been after Leeds if it was compared to now back then regarding our club and where we stand.