NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

20 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I find elanga to be unlikely, all the reports were we wanted to include him in the deal with Anderson but forest weren’t having it. Reluctant sellers would certainly inflate the fee. 

Can't say I know that much about Elanga, but if they are reluctant sellers, that suggests he must be half decent.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, though the ‘I’m confident we’ll spend £200m’ crowd appears to have dwindled. 

~£100M net still looks to be on mind 👀

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

~£100M net still looks to be on mind 👀

If Almiron goes, definitely.  We’ll need a new RW.  Though I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try for a Hall-style deal with a club like Chelsea - full year loan and fee payable next 1 July

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Aye. If Guehi is close to 60m, combined with Hall that's getting close to 90m already. 

Add the Osula signing and that's above 100m 

9 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Reality has been misinterpreted as pessimism all summer.

To be fair, @Unbelievable did use your calculations to say that a 100 million to 200 million spend this summer was unlikely 🤷  i guess thats Reality aye.

17 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

To be fair, @Unbelievable did use your calculations to say that a 100 million to 200 million spend this summer was unlikely 🤷  i guess thats Reality aye.

I have opened a thread in which calculations were done based on the info we have available and the current view is that we can probably afford Guehi at around 60m and on wages of let's say 150k per week, but beyond that sales would be needed to fund further incomings in order to be PSR compliant. On the previous page it was suggested I should be renamed "piss on people's chips" for pointing out that we couldn't afford "more than a Madueke" to replace Almiron should he go. Another >50m player on massive wages adds another 15-20m cost, which is far more than Miggy costs us per year, so I pointed out that was highly unlikely. If you run the numbers you will find out for yourself that indeed it is. That's reality, not pessimism.

Also people should be aware that should we spend to the max of our current PSR limit, let's say that net 100m for Hall, Osula and Guehi, then we may just about be PSR compliant for 2024/25 without sales, but our cost level would be such that there would hardly be any money available to strengthen the season after bar (again) siginificant new commercial revenue or player trading income. Again, that is just the reality of NUFC at the moment. We have a very good, but also very expensive squad and overall setup for the revenue we generate. So much so that should we qualify for CL it's going to be a pretty hard ask to comply with Uefa's FFP rules.

We are sailing very close to the wind, as we should in order to close the gap with the established top clubs, and to keep sailing this course we may have to sell star players if the right offer comes in. Best be prepared for it and accept is as growing pains to get us to the very top.

2 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

I have opened a thread in which calculations were done based on the info we have available and the current view is that we can probably afford Guehi at around 60m and on wages of let's say 150k per week, but beyond that sales would be needed to fund further incomings in order to be PSR compliant. On the previous page it was suggested I should be renamed "piss on people's chips" for pointing out that we couldn't afford "more than a Madueke" to replace Almiron should he go. Another >50m player on massive wages adds another 15-20m cost, which is far more than Miggy costs us per year, so I pointed out that was highly unlikely. If you run the numbers you will find out for yourself that indeed it is. That's reality, not pessimism.

Also people should be aware that should we spend to the max of our current PSR limit, let's say that net 100m for Hall, Osula and Guehi, then we may just about be PSR compliant for 2024/25 without sales, but our cost level would be such that there would hardly be any money available to strengthen the season after bar (again) siginificant new commercial revenue or player trading income. Again, that is just the reality of NUFC at the moment. We have a very good, but also very expensive squad and overall setup for the revenue we generate. So much so that should we qualify for CL it's going to be a pretty hard ask to comply with Uefa's FFP rules.

We are sailing very close to the wind, as we should in order to close the gap with the established top clubs, and to keep sailing this course we may have to sell star players if the right offer comes in. Best be prepared for it and accept is as growing pains to get us to the very top.

To be fair again, you first said that we need to sell someone to spend 80 million, and you showed us the calculations by @timeEd32. But then you changed your mind when you opened the thread, as you clearly said in your post. And I'm pretty sure you'll change your mind again soon. As I once said, time will tell. 

Look, we don't have all the info, and you're right about that. So, we can't make any solid arguments or posts on this. If someone suggests spending over 100 million, don't immediately shoot them down by saying it's unrealistic or impossible or wishful thinking, (implying you're the realist.) The calculations done by the forum accountants say we'll be close to the limit if we spend 60 million this window, but those are just assumptions since we seem and are willingto spend over 100 million. That's all I'm saying, and I think a lot of people on this forum agree with me. So let's not base them as fact to dismiss what others are saying.

I can pull up your past posts to prove my point if you wish it so.

if you look at the last part I put in bold, you'll see that the forum accountants and other PSR experts are the ones who complain the most about this, eg the sale of Minteh. The rest of us, who don't care too much about calculations and trust the club, accept it and want to move on. Just check the Minteh thread and you'll see what I mean.

All in all, I trust the club and I trust the process. They have never given me any reason not too.

Edited by tarie4

2 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

And our Greek god was £100m (well it seemed to be increasing by the day so why not), so the £200m has been met

Ahh yes I'm sure they will rightly point out that although the player was bought this summer, since it was announced on the 30th of June, it falls under the previous financial years accounts.  My bone of contention is that if their assumptions are out by 10 to 13 million, that's huge in terms of PSR. That's an Antony Gordon and wages. 

Just after a quick approx answer to avoid the much hated PSR talk :lol:

If we sell no one what do those who know how it works what our 24/25 budget is approximately?

I speculated we’d spend £110m net but thats without any real PSR knowledge. 

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If Almiron goes, definitely.  We’ll need a new RW.  Though I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try for a Hall-style deal with a club like Chelsea - full year loan and fee payable next 1 July

Come on dude where's your list of the £200m club, i want to call them silly tits.

Edited by Bimpy474

Get it done quickly, Chelsea need to move players. Who else is after Madueke? There’s not been much noise from other clubs. Just pay £40m or if we can sneak a loan and buy option then nail that

Is that Fraser Gillan reliable? Hope it’s true. Really think NM would blossom into a very special player under Howe’s guidance for a few months. Think he would thrive in a settled environment. Also with our fans and how much we appreciate a player getting us off our seats. It’s a match made in heaven I reckon. He has things to improve but I prefer him to signing someone like Raphinha, I genuinely do for many reasons. 

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Get it done quickly, Chelsea need to move players. Who else is after Madueke? There’s not been much noise from other clubs. Just pay £40m or if we can sneak a loan and buy option then nail that

throw in a bid for Chalobah whilst we are at it

Edited by duo