NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Howe prefers PL ready players. Dont think thats a secret?

God I hate the term PL-ready. It means nothing, it matters nothing other than paying a premium price for something that could be a lot cheaper.

Just now, mikejaxer said:

God I hate the term PL-ready. It means nothing, it matters nothing other than paying a premium price for something that could be a lot cheaper.

It does also mean that you're taking less of a risk.

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

If a player is good enough hes good enough I agree, but its easier to spend big on a player who has performed on a high level over time in the PL. 

14 minutes ago, High Five o said:

I know people will shoot me down, but do we seem to prefer to shop PL players? I wish we were a bit more creative in the position we are in. I do believe there is better value elsewhere.

Depends how you want to look at it.

Since the takeover we’ve signed more players with “PL experience” than not. But in terms of actual amount spent, there’s not that much difference between PL experience and no PL experience, so we’re clearly just as willing to spend the budget on players from elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

I’ve been there for years. 

Same here. Posters used to guffaw at my absolute lack of knowledge of other teams players, now the penny is finally dropping. The only purpose of other teams is so we can judge our own progress towards success and happiness.

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

Depends how you want to look at it.

Since the takeover we’ve signed more players with “PL experience” than not. But in terms of actual amount spent, there’s not that much difference between PL experience and no PL experience, so we’re clearly just as willing to spend the budget on players from elsewhere.

To be honest I have not looked a lot into it, I obviously know about our great buys from abroad.

My observation is more about players we seem to be linked with, so I guess it’s all subjective.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Rule this one out

What the heck?! :lol:

This is the first we've heard of this. Is this guy reputable?

If this is true, forget about it. 

It probably makes sense to buy English defenders as the cheapest way to get your homegrown contingent. A high level homegrown front line would cost a fortune.

No-one is paying that for Madueke.

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What the heck?! :lol:

This is the first we've heard of this. Is this guy reputable?

If this is true, forget about it. 

Athletic journo for Chelsea, I’d assume so.

Just let them torch themselves by buying a ton of players while their squad is enormous. If there isn’t an option to lowball them on our terms then fuck them off. Can’t wait to see what a mess they become