NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Chalobah is a good player. But Gomez is really bad: he can't mark his man and terrible sense of position. This a Howe request, again: he knows only PL players and want PL players. 

My belief is Guehi signing has a far bigger positive impact to the mentality of the group than Gomez or Chalobah. Its not just the players direct impact, its his impact on the group.

Guehi has a reputation for being a leader in the dressing room and a player others look up to.

I've heard and seen nothing to believe Gomez or Chalobah have that. They might, but right now their respective reputations don't suggest so.

Just now, HayDen Traces said:

My belief is Guehi signing has a far bigger positive impact to the mentality of the group than Gomez or Chalobah. Its not just the players direct impact, its his impact on the group.

Guehi has a reputation for being a leader in the dressing room and a player others look up to.

I've heard and seen nothing to believe Gomez or Chalobah have that. They might, but right now their respective reputations don't suggest so.

Yel. Can’t underestimate this effect. 

6 minutes ago, andycap said:

Guehi is no world beater mind. 

Some crazy opinions on the drop off to Chalobah and Gomez. 

Guehi is not a world beater, but the other two are far far away from it.

26 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Guehi is not a world beater, but the other two are far far away from it.

How do you reckon that? 

The other two play for top clubs. 

Guehi plays for a piss poor team. 

If he was so great he'd still be at chelsea or another top team. 

33 minutes ago, jigen said:

Chalobah is a good player. But Gomez is really bad: he can't mark his man and terrible sense of position. This a Howe request, again: he knows only PL players and want PL players. 

Would you like to back that up?

5 minutes ago, andycap said:

How do you reckon that? 

Not sure how to react to this. Toney is a far better player than Martial.

19 hours ago, jigen said:

But Howe wants only PL players. This is your problem. 

This will be the result: now you sign Guehi for madness fee, and then you sell Bruno to balance the books. 

Howe already last year wasted the money. And this year is worse. A coach shouldn't make the market. 

Wasted the money on English Sandro Tonali? 

But Howe wants only PL players. This is your problem. 

Well he does like the odd Prem experience player, but Bruno, Botman, Isak, Tonali, makes the only part a bit redundant. We want Guehi because he covers a multitude of things Eddie likes The Prem experience, 24 so plenty of scope to improve, not a dickhead, an ideal signing.

Absolutely don't doubt Eddie would want a non experienced Prem player, but he has his targets and it's about quality that he sees that'll fit into his system.

21 minutes ago, andycap said:

How do you reckon that? 

I've seen some stupid things in my time on here like. :lol:

Just now, black_n_white said:

Unfortunately I can see is going for Gomez now. They obviously want a ‘proven’ premiership defender to come straight in. 

If Quansah is injured that might go out of the window anyway.

No one was exactly jumping for joy when we plucked Schaar out of relative obscurity, but how much would we be paying for him now if 10 years younger and playing for (just for shits and giggles) Crystal Palace?

50 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Well he does like the odd Prem experience player, but Bruno, Botman, Isak, Tonali, makes the only part a bit redundant. We want Guehi because he covers a multitude of things Eddie likes The Prem experience, 24 so plenty of scope to improve, not a dickhead, an ideal signing.

Absolutely don't doubt Eddie would want a non experienced Prem player, but he has his targets and it's about quality that he sees that'll fit into his system.

He'll be back spouting the same tired line in a few days, no matter what you say.