NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

If we do have 30m left after the Guehi deal, I would be very surprised we didn’t go for Gruda. Hope we have better target then.

He was never an option. It was a load of bollocks made up by someone to trick that will itk account. We probably didn’t even look at him 

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

Brightons Gruda?

exactly, 25m pounds is very affordable, we should have gone for him, but we didn’t. Hence why I think we don’t have that 2-30m extra I.E. Douglas is bullshiting. Happy to be proven wrong.

Just now, Zero said:

exactly, 25m pounds is very affordable, we should have gone for him, but we didn’t. Hence why I think we don’t have that 2-30m extra I.E. Douglas is bullshiting. Happy to be proven wrong.

Wait [emoji38] because we didn’t go for a random player out of 100s of players you put that down to us not having any money. I’d say it’s more likely the scouts, Howe & Mitchell either didn’t want him or have better targets than it is to do with finances 

What a mental take [emoji38]

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Wait [emoji38] because we didn’t go for a random player out of 100s of players you put that down to us not having any money. I’d say it’s more likely the scouts, Howe & Mitchell either didn’t want him or have better targets than it is to do with finances 

exactly what I said mate, hope there is better targets. But then as I said mathematically it doesn’t make sense we have 100m budget this season given our PSR status. Anyway.

exactly what I said mate, hope there is better targets. But then as I said mathematically it doesn’t make sense we have 100m budget this season given our PSR status. Anyway.

I get the point but it’s so random coming to that conclusion solely based on us not going for Gruda who btw hasn’t even been credibly linked to a move here. Who’s to say we aren’t currently locked in discussions with Chelsea about Madueke for example?

I didn’t read the article but Douglas appears to be going off figures from Kevin Maguire he’ll know better than me and you but even he won’t have a full idea of what we’ve to spend 

Edited by gdm

Given the poor performance on Saturday and zero transfers, if we have a stinker against Bournemouth with no further sign of transfers (in OR out) I fear there will be a meltdown of Fukushima proportions on here and other areas online. 

1 hour ago, Jewel said:

I feel like we are being very gunshy, looking for the ‘perfect’ transfer. Which is understandable given the FFP / PSR restrictions.

At some point though, we are going to have to take a risk.

Spot on. No RW is especially puzzling to me because we could literally bring in anyone north of 25m+ fair market value and instantly upgrade the position.

Still time to move, but you do get the sense we've been looking for the "home run" transfer, while other clubs have been making incremental improvements.

1 hour ago, Jewel said:

I feel like we are being very gunshy, looking for the ‘perfect’ transfer. Which is understandable given the FFP / PSR restrictions.

At some point though, we are going to have to take a risk.

It’s possibly because for me we are a CB and RW signing away from having a complete 11 imo. I can definitely understand them wanting to wait and get in their number one targets.

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s possibly because for me we are a CB and RW signing away from having a complete 11 imo. I can definitely understand them wanting to wait and get in their number one targets.

It would be very easy for us to piss millions up the wall on a marginal improvement and find ourselves financially hamstrung in a window or two when a real game changer becomes available.

Irrespective of where we find ourselves at the end of the window, I'm ultimately confident and comfortable that there'll be nothing untoward as to why we might not have improved like we'd hoped. 

Personally think it's a case of clubs posturing and there being a need for some transfers to go through to set off the chain reaction. 

4 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Irrespective of where we find ourselves at the end of the window, I'm ultimately confident and comfortable that there'll be nothing untoward as to why we might not have improved like we'd hoped. 

Personally think it's a case of clubs posturing and there being a need for some transfers to go through to set off the chain reaction. 

Keep our powder dry for January when Chelsea have to start panic selling to prep for PSR.

7 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Think that's definitely the case for the Guehi transfer, probably quite a few moves hingeing on that one.

18 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Yep, we're clearly not as useless as some would like you to believe.

The club haven’t been able to finalise the necessary outgoings unfortunately. 

Unwanted players like Dubravka, Lewis, Fraser, Hayden, Targett remain.

Whilst more saleable assets like Almiron, Wilson and Trippier haven’t had buyers.

It has to have been a factor in how we have operated this window.