NUFC Transfer Rumours

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Would anyone take a punt on Morgan Whittaker?

If he can be bought for £20 million or less 100%. Given the current prices, his age and position I think it would be hard to lose at that price. My main concern would be that from the little I've seen of him he's quite stylistically similar to Murphy while I feel we need someone with a bit more skill and trickery to them.

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Yes, been saying it since the end of last season man.

19 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

If he can be bought for £20 million or less 100%. Given the current prices, his age and position I think it would be hard to lose at that price. My main concern would be that from the little I've seen of him he's quite stylistically similar to Murphy while I feel we need someone with a bit more skill and trickery to them.

They are asking for around £10 - £12 million.

And he is nothing like Murphy man.

15 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Howe doesn’t make the signings.

i’m not overly worried about new incomings. Would love a RW and RCB to come in, but would understand the club don’t want to overpay (70m for Guehi and/or 60m for Madueke would be ridiculous). If there are no good deals to be done for players who would really improve us I can accept the club going with what we’ve got for a big push in January and next summer. There is no need to but for the sake of buying. If we’re not too unfortunate with injuries we have the squad for European football, perhaps even CL at a push. I do believe CL should be our aim, but any deal has to make sense financially and in terms of squad strengthening.

Agree that we shouldn`t buy anyone if we cant get a good deal. Poor job by whoever is in charge of the signings if we cant find one though, they have had all summer to look for one(or two).

9 hours ago, KaKa said:

They are asking for around £10 - £12 million.

And he is nothing like Murphy man.

Really nothing like Murphy? Granted my opinion is based on a couple of highlight compilations and maybe two matches last season that I watched but not intently. Based on these he's quick, direct, got a rocket shot on him and isn't avert to getting to the touchline and whipping one in, all characteristics I'd say Murphy has. He's more of a goal threat than Murphy and is left footed and the player he seems to be stylistically closest to in our squad is actually Gordon but I didn't feel this comparison was relevant as he's not going to replace/compete with Gordon while he would be expected to do that with Murphy or Almiron.  A totally different player to Murphy for me would be someone like Silva who relies of positional awareness to find pockets of space and great close control and skill to make things happen. 

Anyway I'd love us to go for him if we were able to move on Murphy or Almiron as I think that would upgrade the RW options this season and if needed we could still go big on a RW next season.

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I've watched him at Argyle a few times. He's definitely way better than most in the Championship. Scores a lot and has plenty of technique and guile. Scored a decent goal yesterday. It's not the worst shout tbf, but I'm biased being from Plymouth maybe. It's such a huge jump to being quality top end of the PL. 

In fairness I think its more than that his social team used the wrong account, thats certainly how it reads to me.  You can usually tell from an account which is managed and which is done personally and Maduekes certainly looks like its agency led.

Just now, Scottish Mag said:

In fairness I think its more than that his social team used the wrong account, thats certainly how it reads to me.  You can usually tell from an account which is managed and which is done personally and Maduekes certainly looks like its agency led.

Surely a "managed account" wouldn't dare post about how shit places are on behalf of a footballer? Unless I'm missing something? Or does Noni do a separate account for "places I've been that's shit"?

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Lets be honest, literally all of us would text our mates the same about Wolves. I don't think it's much of an indictment on his character 

OK Hanshitiswolvez

1 minute ago, hakka said:

Surely a "managed account" wouldn't dare post about how shit places are on behalf of a footballer? Unless I'm missing something? Or does Noni do a separate account for "places I've been that's shit"?

I wouldn't expect them to post that from a footballers account no.  But given they then posted shit wrong account it could have been meant to be posted from a personal account.  Saying that I've just woken and didn't realise Chelsea were playing Wolves so scrap what I said :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We'd all think the same thing, but as a professional athlete and a potential role model it's not great. 

Not the first incident of him coming off as a bit of a tit either.

On his private account? It's an embarrassing mistake but it's more a case of football fans being shocked that footballers are actual people.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Lets be honest, literally all of us would text our mates the same about Wolves. I don't think it's much of an indictment on his character 

Was about to say the same thing. Not the best look but it’s a fairly common thing to complain to your friends about when you’re stopping over in a new place. If he had posted it publicly on purpose then that’s a different story.

We should be targeting Barca as well,  aren't they desperate to off load players? Imagine getting Raphinhia- that is one way to save this transfer window 

I’ve definitely called Wolves a massive shithole before as ive been a couple of times and apart from Hull it’s the worst city I’ve been to in the UK. Wouldn’t be posting it on social media though