NUFC Transfer Rumours

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

On his private account? It's an embarrassing mistake but it's more a case of football fans being shocked that footballers are actual people.

It's a fair point - I guess I've never communicated a private account story on social media to convey how shit a place is. Directly texting a mates seems far more private (and clearly less risky :lol:)

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’ve definitely called Wolves a massive shithole before as ive been a couple of times and apart from Hull it’s the worst city I’ve been to in the UK. Wouldn’t be posting it on social media though

Regional bias acknowledged, do Wolverhampton and Hull have worse city centres than Sunderland? 

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Regional bias acknowledged, do Wolverhampton and Hull have worse city centres than Sunderland? 

Stoke says hello 

1 minute ago, Haz said:

I went to Birmingham once; right by the Bull ring. Cant speak for the entire city but christ what a shithole.

Some lovely bits of Birmingham city centre. Had a nice walking tour once. 

16 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

On his private account? It's an embarrassing mistake but it's more a case of football fans being shocked that footballers are actual people.

Yeah fair, took me more time than I'd care to admit to grasp that. Coffee time.

Newcastle

Brighton

Bristol

London

Liverpool

Coventry

That's how I'd rank the cities in England I've actually been to.

Fairly sizeable gap between the rest of them and Coventry :lol:

31 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Lets be honest, literally all of us would text our mates the same about Wolves. I don't think it's much of an indictment on his character 

Do in the lads WhatsApp group though not on a social media platform 

3 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Do in the lads WhatsApp group though not on a social media platform 

That's how I see it. At worst I accidentally text my mum Wolverhampton is shit, not the world. :lol:

1 hour ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Really nothing like Murphy? Granted my opinion is based on a couple of highlight compilations and maybe two matches last season that I watched but not intently. Based on these he's quick, direct, got a rocket shot on him and isn't avert to getting to the touchline and whipping one in, all characteristics I'd say Murphy has. He's more of a goal threat than Murphy and is left footed and the player he seems to be stylistically closest to in our squad is actually Gordon but I didn't feel this comparison was relevant as he's not going to replace/compete with Gordon while he would be expected to do that with Murphy or Almiron.  A totally different player to Murphy for me would be someone like Silva who relies of positional awareness to find pockets of space and great close control and skill to make things happen. 

Anyway I'd love us to go for him if we were able to move on Murphy or Almiron as I think that would upgrade the RW options this season and if needed we could still go big on a RW next season.

I wouldn't compare him to Murphy because he is much stronger on the ball, and is a much better dribbler and shooter.

He is also left footed, and mostly looks to cut inside onto his left foot to shoot or whip in a cross. Although he can also go on the outside and cut it back with his right. He can also plays upfront as a lead striker and lead the line as he's around 6 ft 1.

Murphy isn't that great taking on defenders with the ball because he gets shoved off it too easily, and so either needs to be played in behind into space, or has to knock the ball into space and outrun his defender. His shooting and finishing also isn't that accurate.

That's why I said they are not alike.

40 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I was in Hull two weeks ago and it has an inaccurate reputation, certainly since the recent city of culture investment. The city centre has some great architecture and the Marina/Humber St area is really nice particularly on a sunny day. I'd also say it is a lot tidier than Newcastle city centre in terms of public realm and general upkeep at the moment. Just a shame it takes places to hit rock bottom in this country before anything gets done about it.

Wolverhampton on the other hand has very little about it and feels like a lesser suburb of Birmingham with no distinctive identity. Made particularly less visiting in a matchday by the way they treat away fans.

Sunderland is probably somewhere in-between the two, both in terms of offering and attempts to regenerate.

Edited by ponsaelius

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I was in Hull two weeks ago and it has an inaccurate reputation, certainly since the recent city of culture investment. The city centre has some great architecture and the Marina/Humber St area is really nice particularly on a sunny day. I'd also say it is a lot tidier than Newcastle city centre in terms of public realm and general upkeep at the moment. Just a shame it takes places to hit rock bottom in this country before anything gets done about it.

Wolverhampton on the other hand has very little about it and feels like a lesser suburb of Birmingham with no distinctive identity. Made particularly less visiting in a matchday by the way they treat away fans.

Agreed. Loads to appreciate in Hull city centre, even if some of the immediate outskirts are seriously grim (which you could say about Newcastle).

23 minutes ago, Shak said:

Newcastle

Brighton

Bristol

London

Liverpool

Coventry

That's how I'd rank the cities in England I've actually been to.

Fairly sizeable gap between the rest of them and Coventry :lol:

I loved working in Bristol.  Was thinking of moving down there before leaving the UK.  Would likely be my preferred destination should I ever return.  Preferred it to Newcastle tbh (maybe if I hadn’t spent most of my life in Newcastle I’d feel different).

Tbh quite like all the places on your list - but I’d put London under Liverpool.  Unless you’re very, very wealthy, London would be a bloody awful place to live.  Would likely be top if money wasn’t an issue.

Coventry is a tip, mind.  

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I loved working in Bristol.  Was thinking of moving down there before leaving the UK.  Would likely be my preferred destination should I ever return.  Preferred it to Newcastle tbh (maybe if I hadn’t spent most of my life in Newcastle I’d feel different).

Tbh quite like all the places on your list - but I’d put London under Liverpool.  Unless you’re very, very wealthy, London would be a bloody awful place to live.  Would likely be top if money wasn’t an issue.

Coventry is a tip, mind.  

I’ve lived in Coventry 19 years. It’s not pretty but it’s not as bad as folks think. The centre suffered from the brutalist architecture thing after it got flattened in WW2 and it’s a victim of th💩therite economic policy. All the manufacturing industry is gone and it suffers from being a satellite town to Birmingham. 

I expect a quiet day today in case of transfer rumours because of the match. But I really fkin hope there will be hell on from tomorrow until Friday. 

Just now, Mahoneys Tache said:

I’ve lived in Coventry 19 years. It’s not pretty but it’s not as bad as folks think. The centre suffered from the brutalist architecture thing after it got flattened in WW2 and it’s a victim of th💩therite economic policy. All the manufacturing industry is gone and it suffers from being a satellite town to Birmingham. 

Yeah, like I said I quite like it, but the post-WWII rebuild made the centre pretty ugly-looking.  The cathedral sums it all up tbf.  Generally though found the locals to be sound. 

49 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Nope Wolves is actually decent night out for a start, you haven’t got to travel far outside of the centre before it’s rougher than a badgers arse though