NUFC Transfer Rumours

12 minutes ago, catlover24 said:

It seems the board are considering setting up Howe for failure so they can bring in a new manager for the next phase of the project… also someone (with a continental team) that can work with young foreign talent with potential.

Jesus christ :lol: 

:lol: :lol: no doubt it's pure bedlam behind the scenes. the middling ambition of the late shepherd years coupled with the incompetency of the ashley era. we are certainly in the last days of Howe, one way or another.

Edited by thomas

9 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

It was widely reported that Mitchell tried to finger Howe’s lass. I’m too lazy to look it up but my memory never fails. It’s also fact - I have no evidence or source but I’ll state it boldly nonetheless - that Eddie Howe has said if you don’t give me Marc Guehi then I’m resigning and you can get to shit. Totes facts.

:lol:

Just now, Theregulars said:

And lastly, “we don’t demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries”. Do some of you fuck

We're so close to PSR limits because we've literally pushed as far as we can without breaking limits or selling star players. Commercially we're back ahead of "the pack" but obviously still way off the Sky 6.  We're 3 years in and we're competing with clubs who've been building their infrastructures and contacts for 20-30 years, we stood still for 14 of those. 

We're still pushing for a player that would be a club record transfer if we get it. Opinions on if he's worth it, if that's best use of £60m plus are natural but there's been some fucking drivel on here.

I know some of the chatter in this thread is tongue in cheek, but my god some of it is absolutely ridiculous and not based in any form of reality.

Why are some of you so eager to essentially craft a destabilising narrative, imagining huge rifts between players and managers and the board. Do you not remember what THAT version of NUFC was like, years ago?

The transfer window has been frustrating, I get that, but there’s also some massively overblown / pathetic opinions on some of our own players. Murphy, Miggy, Burn, Krath etc might not be world beaters, but they’ve all played a significant part in helping to turn this club around. I have no issue whatsoever with any of them remaining squad players.

There is zero evidence of anything “wrong” behind the scenes between Howe and Mitchell (as I said yesterday, everything certainly seems to be pulling in the same direction behind the scenes).

We all want a couple of shiny new players, I get that, but we have to remember that we have a very talented squad of players here already, one which can only be stronger than last season (without the injuries and with Tonali returning). One or two good players would be welcome, of course.

I genuinely think some people just love to be miserable and find issue where there isn’t necessarily one. It must be exhausting to have that mindset.

Anyway, I still think this whole debate will be irrelevant in 4 days time anyway, because I believe we’ll make at least one significant signing, but my god this place can be depressing.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We're so close to PSR limits because we've literally pushed as far as we can without breaking limits or selling star players. Commercially we're back ahead of "the pack" but obviously still way off the Sky 6.  We're 3 years in and we're competing with clubs who've been building their infrastructures and contacts for 20-30 years, we stood still for 14 of those. 

We're still pushing for a player that would be a club record transfer if we get it. Opinions on if he's worth it, if that's best use of £60m plus are natural but there's been some fucking drivel on here.

I agree there are a lot of really good things, both now and last few years, that has been really good. But it still doesnt make the club free from criticism. I, and it feels other too, just feel that we have lost our way and there are so many teams there about that the start of this season is not looking good.

You can be pleased with everything that has happend. But it feels that something is off and the club it self doesnt really know what they want, or there are different groups that want different things. Someone will have to give. I dont Howe start the PL season next year.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Says in the article itself Howe sought reassurances on his primary transfer target... Do we still think the two met to talk about their FPL teams?

No, you’re onto something for sure. Investigative journalists in the family? 

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Only had a squad of 12 and one of those betrayed him. 

:slowclap:

Judas was probably a purple as well but just couldn’t be trusted to do his job properly, like a latter day Ben Arfa

23 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's staggering like. There's more moaning and complaints the last 2 months than I can remember at any point under Ashley. Wish it was easy just to walk away from here but it's hard to break a 20 year habit. It's becoming toxic for hardly any reason. Would love to be one of those who just rocks up at SJP evert game and switch off between games like the happy clappers did under Ashley. 

The ones doing the most moaning now are the same ones that sat on their hands for 10 years while the rest of us sacked Ashley off.. 

😉

3 minutes ago, ATB said:

I agree there are a lot of really good things, both now and last few years, that has been really good. But it still doesnt make the club free from criticism. I, and it feels other too, just feel that we have lost our way and there are so many teams there about that the start of this season is not looking good.

You can be pleased with everything that has happend. But it feels that something is off and the club it self doesnt really know what they want, or there are different groups that want different things. Someone will have to give. I dont Howe start the PL season next year.

Yeh there’s criticism and discussion and then there’s a Gerard Way circlejerk of tears brought on by lack of new things bought this week. This isn’t supporting a club, it’s legitimately detrimental to those trying to do so. 

6 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

The ones doing the most moaning now are the same ones that sat on their hands for 10 years while the rest of us sacked Ashley off.. 

😉

Absolutely.

28 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's staggering like. There's more moaning and complaints the last 2 months than I can remember at any point under Ashley. Wish it was easy just to walk away from here but it's hard to break a 20 year habit. It's becoming toxic for hardly any reason. Would love to be one of those who just rocks up at SJP evert game and switch off between games like the happy clappers did under Ashley. 

Ashley not only had me all but give up on nufc but football in general, to see how far we have come and what we have now is more than I could have dreamed. Absolutely fucking incredible we have idiots relentlessly whinging about it. If this is what our fanbase is becoming then the stereotype that other fans have is more true than ever 

28 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Jesus christ :lol: 

Expert on crosses

9 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Only had a squad of 12 and one of those betrayed him. 

Was he Scottish and 4'8"? 

17 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

The transfer window has been frustrating, I get that, but there’s also some massively overblown / pathetic opinions on some of our own players. Murphy, Miggy, Burn, Krath etc might not be world beaters, but they’ve all played a significant part in helping to turn this club around. I have no issue whatsoever with any of them remaining squad players.

Well this is part of the problem(S). Several of them are starting not squad players.