NUFC Transfer Rumours

21 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I understand that, but why do you feel the need to beat Eddie with that stick? Apart from venting for the sake of venting.

Well I am venting for the sake of venting. He’s the one who said it. If Eales had said it, it’d be directed towards him. This window has been very frustrating.

I think we have a good defence though Dubravka did his best to make it look poor last season. I saw a very frustrated Isak Sunday due to players around him just being way below his level. It’s not the way to keep our best players.

3 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Feel the same way about "demure"

“Demure” reminds me of the bit on Total Recall when Arnie is choosing his Recall vacation and is asked to choose his lass. Originally asks for a “demure” lass but once the drugs kick in he goes straight to “sleazy”. Attaboy.

arnold schwarzenegger GIF by Jerology

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

For those who think the RW is not a major problem, are you confident he will produce the same numbers as last season again?

Gordon & Isak will have to have brilliant seasons. No drop offs and no injuries

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

Gordon & Isak will have to have brilliant seasons. No drop offs and no injuries

There’s also Barnes, Wilson, Willock and Joelinton who all contribute goals, it’s not a two person team. Longstaff also chips in and hopefully Tonali will as well.

I don’t like it either but it’s playing a bottom half PL player at RW, not Mrs Doubtfire 

I don’t agree with the view that everyone else will score goals so Miggy/Murphy can be carried.

Also worth pointing out that just because we scored a lot last season it doesn’t mean it will be repeated this year, just like our solid defence didn’t carry over in to last season.

Just now, WilliamPS said:

There’s also Barnes, Wilson, Willock and Joelinton who all contribute goals, it’s not a two person team. Longstaff also chips in and hopefully Tonali will as well.

I don’t like it either but it’s playing a bottom half PL player at RW, not Mrs Doubtfire 

Yes, point being they all chipped in last season so they will all need to or we won’t get as many goals as last season. Do I think they’ll contribute more this season than they did last? No not really. Unless they have unbelievable seasons 

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

I don’t agree with the view that everyone else will score goals so Miggy/Murphy can be carried.

Also worth pointing out that just because we scored a lot last season it doesn’t mean it will be repeated this year, just like our solid defence didn’t carry over in to last season.

You’ve said it better than I’ve tried to 

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I understand your point, I just think it’s really disrespectful to Murphy and Miggy to suggest that we “carry them”. They’ve both contributed heavily to our two best seasons in recent memory.

Can we do better? Yes. Do they deserve the level of disrespect they get? Not in my opinion.

We have alternatives to Murphy and Miggy.

Barnes - Isak - Gordon

Joelinton/Willock - Isak - Barnes/Gordon

Isak - Wilson/Osula - Barnes/Gordon

Whether Howe thinks any of these could work I don't know, but it doesn't have to be Murphy and Almiron as the only options on the right side.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I understand your point, I just think it’s really disrespectful to Murphy and Miggy to suggest that we “carry them”. They’ve both contributed heavily to our two best seasons in recent memory.

Can we do better? Yes. Do they deserve the level of disrespect they get? Not in my opinion.

In fairness Murphy has been chipping in with the assists. 

15 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

For those who think the RW is not a major problem, are you confident he will produce the same numbers as last season again?

Murphy that is

It's possible. He needs a goal involvement every 120 mins. If he's going to play less with the addition of Gordon to the RW pool he'll not reach 120 mins until 3 or 4 appearances.

He's started shite though.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It's possible. He needs a goal involvement every 120 mins. If he's going to play less with the addition of Gordon to the RW pool he'll not reach 120 mins until 3 or 4 appearances.

He's started shite though.

Everything is possible. Are you confident?

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

We have alternatives to Murphy and Miggy.

Barnes - Isak - Gordon

Joelinton/Willock - Isak - Barnes/Gordon

Isak - Wilson/Osula - Barnes/Gordon

Whether Howe thinks any of these could work I don't know, but it doesn't have to be Murphy and Almiron as the only options on the right side.

Osula can play RW also.

17 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

They are both very ordinary. This is not meant as disrespect or an attack.

They both need help getting up the pitch as they are not ball carriers that take defenders on well, and aren't great using the ball.

They need Trippier on that side and/or they need any other midfielder but Longstaff on that side with them.

We've started the first two games with Longstaff and Tino down the right with Murphy and it's been a disaster.

We couldn't get going at home against a newly promoted Southampton, even before the red card, and we were hanging on against Bournemouth too, prior to Longstaff and Murphy going off.

Edited by KaKa