NUFC Transfer Rumours

people only just noticing the age profile of the squad?

The club have been working to fix this for two years, and since the first window, which was in a crisis scenario, they’ve brought in essentially a whole team under 25 (at time of signing) and moved on/released older players. 

outfield players over 30 are not being offered long term deals, the club prefer short extensions, so anyone over 30 is always kept at most with two years left on their contract. That long list of players over 30 with one year left is a deliberate squad choice not an issue to fix.

Over time the squad age will drop, but I’d imagine there’ll always be 5 or so 30+ players on short term deals, players who bring experience or cover, like Burn or are goalkeepers 

If accept Trippier is off this window and can get a move, then we would need to replace, and Simakan and Guehi would be future proofing, with only a need to keep one of Burn/Schar beyond this season depending on who is happy as a back up option on one year deal.

Tino, Simakan

Guehi, Botman, + one of Burn/Schar

Hall, Kelly

The latter two for full backs can play CB, and that's a reasonable collection of players. New serbian guy progresses, aim to take over Burn/Schar for 26/27 season. 

Positivity.

Just now, Sibierski said:

If accept Trippier is off this window and can get a move, then we would need to replace, and Simakan and Guehi would be future proofing, with only a need to keep one of Burn/Schar beyond this season depending on who is happy as a back up option on one year deal.

Tino, Simakan

Hall, Kelly

The latter two for full backs can play CB, and that's a reasonable collection of players. New serbian guy progresses, aim to take over Burn/Schar for 26/27 season. 

Positivity.

Simakan is a better CB than he is RB so I think it would be him or Guehi, personally

Just now, Sibierski said:

Tino, Simakan

Hall, Kelly

Positivity.

Guehi and Simakan is crazy talk.

I have my doubts with Torres as he is constantly linked, but he does seem to be the sort of player you could snap up late on for a loan with an option to buy. 

Simakan sounds perfect for us, especially if we let Trippier go. 

2 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Yeah little club partners, fair enough. 

I was more talking about big name, big money, front of matchday shirt, training ground, training kit, warm up kit type sponsors.  

Which are valid points to be fair.

2 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

What do we think a suitable offer might be? Obviously got that extra money for a RW in my mind so less than Guehi?

When he was linked with Liverpool earlier in the window, I remember seeing some German correspondent saying he could be got for less than his release clause, for around £40 million. I'll see if I can find the clip.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

When he was linked with Liverpool earlier in the window, I remember seeing some German correspondent saying he could be got for less than his release clause, for around £40 million. I'll see if I can find the clip.