NUFC Transfer Rumours

3 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

This needed to be a big summer + it's been the complete opposite. All the calmness around here is strange.

Genuinely staggered that they've put all their eggs in the Guehi basket and let Howe overrule those above him. Come on, work together. There's loads of good players out there.

Anyway, it has vibes of this being Howe's final chapter. Momentum of 22/23 completely gone. I really thought there was a top four spot waiting if we signed a couple of first-teamers - just a couple.

But not only has the PSR shambles lost us Minteh + potentially turned Gordon's head, we didn't even touch the funds. Apart from that unproven Sheff Utd kid.

To have no back-up CB targets is truly staggering. Let's hope something can be pulled out of the bag tomorrow, even just a Chalobah/Disasi loan.... whatever.

Faith in the club has disappeared.

what do you suggest?

a protest?

4 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

This needed to be a big summer + it's been the complete opposite. All the calmness around here is strange.

Genuinely staggered that they've put all their eggs in the Guehi basket and let Howe overrule those above him. Come on, work together. There's loads of good players out there.

Anyway, it has vibes of this being Howe's final chapter. Momentum of 22/23 completely gone. I really thought there was a top four spot waiting if we signed a couple of first-teamers - just a couple.

But not only has the PSR shambles lost us Minteh + potentially turned Gordon's head, we didn't even touch the funds. Apart from that unproven Sheff Utd kid.

To have no back-up CB targets is truly staggering. Let's hope something can be pulled out of the bag tomorrow, even just a Chalobah/Disasi loan.... whatever.

Faith in the club has disappeared.

Which funds are you referring to?

If there is a power struggle behind the scenes, I'd be pissed like. This is just a job for all those involved, but for us fans it's more than that. So grow up and do your jobs, you cunts. 

Also, everything might be fine behind the scenes. So forgive me the C word. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Assuming no injury crisis it’s at least as strong as the team that finished 4th, isn’t it? 

We have to take into account the other teams have strengthened.  Surely we can't think the players we brought in are on par with the players we have shipped out?  

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Assuming no injury crisis it’s at least as strong as the team that finished 4th, isn’t it? 

It arguably is if you purely go off the names. If you go off age/loss of form I think it tells a different story. 

Also, "at least as strong" as a team from two years ago isn't generally good enough in the PL. If you stand still you go backwards in this league. 

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

2 years ago; the teams that finished around us then are all stronger now whilst we aren't.

Hmm. What window? When we finished 11th the season before and had signed Pope, Botman and Isak? Did people say that teams around us (mid table teams) had strengthened more?

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not in real terms, no. Our backup striker is 2 years older, slower and injured for one. Trippier has deteriorated, naturally. Almiron’s form from that season is long gone. Botman out half the season…

I certainly don’t think we’re as strong all things considered.

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Almiron and Trippier won't be nearly the same as that season, Botman and Lascelles are out for months and we are deeply missing Willock (not sure we can count on him anymore). On top of that several players are past their best age, not just Trippier. Not sure we are better off or even the same, despite the transfers last year.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Not in real terms, no. Our backup striker is 2 years older, slower and injured for one. Trippier has deteriorated, naturally. Almiron’s form from that season is long gone. Botman out half the season…

I certainly don’t think we’re as strong all things considered.

Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Villa, West Ham way stronger too.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

That squad failed to qualify for Europe last season.

The main reason being injuries and fitness issues due to the number of games. That should not (in a perfect world) be an issue this year. That being said, I totally agree that we need better cover at the back. 

But the notion that we are massiveley weakened other than our injuries at CB (re the mention of Minteh and Anderson), is simply not true.

I think it’s a pisstake if we don’t get anyone in.

I’m sorry but the 2 areas you would upgrade ahead of the summer would have been RW, and then either CB, or a forward player.

If we have the money to bid £65m for Guehi and it isn’t enough, we should have either been getting an alternative CB, or more preferably a RW.

Failure to do so is shambolic, and I don’t care if our director of football has only been in the job a couple of months, or anything else that’s went on.

They have put their own plan back 2 years at least here.

3 minutes ago, Alberts Mustache said:

The main reason being injuries and fitness issues due to the number of games. That should not (in a perfect world) be an issue this year. That being said, I totally agree that we need better cover at the back. 

But the notion that we are massiveley weakened other than our injuries at CB (re the mention of Minteh and Anderson), is simply not true.

Not improving is weakening. Everyone else around us have improved, so -relatively speaking- we’re a weaker outfit this year with no further additions.

Edited by McCormick

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Not improving is weakening. Everyone else around us have improved, so -relatively speaking- we’re a weaker outfit this year with no additions.

Agree with this. As I said earlier, if you stand still in this league, others will overtake you

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I think it’s a pisstake if we don’t get anyone in.

I’m sorry but the 2 areas you would upgrade ahead of the summer would have been RW, and then either CB, or a forward player.

If we have the money to bid £65m for Guehi and it isn’t enough, we should have either been getting an alternative CB, or more preferably a RW.

Failure to do so is shambolic, and I don’t care if our director of football has only been in the job a couple of months, or anything else that’s went on.

They have put their own plan back 2 years at least here.

You could argue we’ve strengthened at CB and a forward player…

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Both did their ACL in late March. Botman still played 17 league games losing his this season has to be in the conversation 

He injured his knee in the Sheffield Utd game, where we also effectively lost Barnes for the rest of the season. Yes he continued to play games after that, but was a shadow of his former self due to still being injured. I guess what I am saying is (and I admit it’s a big if) that if he comes back properly fit, he'll be more of a positive than he was for almost the whole of last season.

Just now, McCormick said:

Not improving is weakening. Everyone else around us have improved, so -relatively speaking- we’re a weaker outfit this year with no additions.

This.

Every window we fail to upgrade seems to see us drop another level. Right now any talk of challenging for the CL seems fantasy Island stuff. Top 6 will be a dogfight from all evidence so far. We are not producing the football we did 18 months ago, other teams are improving year on year as well.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

This.

Every window we fail to upgrade seems to see us drop another level. Right now any talk of challenging for the CL seems fantasy Island stuff. Top 6 will be a dogfight from all evidence so far. We are not producing the football we did 18 months ago, other teams are improving year on year as well.

We will be lucky to finish top10 

Just now, nufcnick said:

We will be lucky to finish top10 

I think we can get 8th with our current squad, right now I would not be betting on getting into Europe. Of course its possible, but it is for half the other clubs in the Premier as well.